LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 monte carlo with a 4.3L V6 engine and I want to swap it with a 350 from an 88 Caprice. Any advice?? Suggestions, etc???

·
Registered
989 Posts
should bolt right in, motor mounts might be different but if they are there will be little to no difference. the exhaust your running now should bolt right up also. we put a 350 in a astro mini van, and to our suprise the down pipe that was used with the 4.3 bolted right up to the 350. i figured we would atleast have to move it a bit

·
Banned
14,534 Posts
more than likely you will have to get different motor mounts. That's what I had to do to my g-body.

·
Banned
14,534 Posts
yeah what he said. Change the radiator.

·
Banned
14,534 Posts
gotta do that also. also gotta get a new fan. Unless your gonna run an electrical fan. Just a suggestion.

H

·
0 Posts
the chevy 4.3 is basicly a 350 or 305 with the two front cylinder off that 350 should bolt right in like a glove all the front parts like the power steering pump and all the alt. brackets should bolt up to

·
Registered
257 Posts
In every g body 350 swap topic everybody says to watch out for fan shroud, radiator, motor mounts, etc. BUT, what about the issues with EFI and computer issues? Does anybody have input on this?

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
are you using efi? if so then keep the computer from the 350 donor and get awiring harness from painless wiring...........its all so simple......
in theory

·
Registered
257 Posts
I got more money than patience, so I'm debating on whether or not I should attempt this swap by myself or take it somewhere. I know I should probably try it myself, but I don't know.

And I do have an 85 MC SC, 4.3 EFI.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
if you got the money then let some one else have it........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts