LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok have a chance to get a deal on a built 454 to drop in my 64
have a 350 in it now just curious about any mods i may need to do to the mounts and if the sterring collum is going to be in the way?
(non-power steering)
AD

·
Registered
489 Posts
DO IT DO IT, you wont regret it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by impala_631+Jul 25 2003, 01:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impala_631 @ Jul 25 2003, 01:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--RollinSlow84@Jul 24 2003, 07:32 PM
DO IT DO IT, you wont regret it.
i think he will regret it,no gas millage and every time something breaks-it cost big bucks-your suppose to go low and slow anyways :cool:[/b][/quote]
lol expensive, used to do italian cars, thats expensive everything had to come from italy. gas really isnt a factor, its not going to be a daily driver. and low and slow, just means i dont push down on the gas as hard :puffin:

just wondering if there were any mods i needed to do to the motor mounts or have to reconfigure anything else :confused:

AD

Last edited by rlnd909 at Jul 25 2003, 12:54 PM

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Save your money! You'll need it in the future!

If you put that 454 in your ride and plan on keeping it, get ready to have to spend on a heavy duty tranny, rear end, possible driveshaft, and for safety a disc brake conversion would make sense.
The torque from a bigblock normally puts more stress than usual on your old drivetrain that was designed for a smallblock. So just popping in a 454 and mashing around town usually won't last long.
I threw a 383 stroker small block in a ride that had so much torque that I had to replace drivetrain parts.

Goodluck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by rlnd909@Jul 23 2003, 12:07 PM
ok have a chance to get a deal on a built 454 to drop in my 64
have a 350 in it now just curious about any mods i may need to do to the mounts and if the sterring collum is going to be in the way?
(non-power steering)
AD
just take the motor mounts off the 350 and if they are good put them on the big block, you might need a different oil pan to clear the center link

1 - 8 of 8 Posts