LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be 36 V enought to run each pump in a set of four pumps (12 Batteries) ? What would be better 6# or 8# hoses to have good hopps?

·
Registered
970 Posts
sup dogg u can run 12 batteries into 4 bays of 36 volt it wont be quik or powerful as most want but it would work . far as hoses go it depends on what u plan on doing withe car in the future me myself i would run 12 bats in 2 bays at 72 volts 1 bay to the front the other to the back way more speed and performance just my opinion or 10 at batts at60 volts itll still be pretty quik an reliable in my caddy im runnin only 6 batts at 72 volts to all 3 pumps butt my batts dont last all that long im gonna add another 6 for 2 bays of six 3 solonoids per pump i havent burnt any solonoids yet going on a year hope this helps kapton krewl :cool:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your motors will fry with 36v's man, what are you thinking?!?!?!

What is your opininion. How many volts per pump in how many bays? The car is a 1964 impala , I'm building it, and I'm gonna buy the four pumps competition kit from Showtime, and I'll do a frame reinforcement too. Could I use 12' cylinders instead of 8'? And about the hoses, should I use 6# or 8#?

·
Registered
232 Posts
id go 10 batts, 2 bays. one running at 48V for the back, and the other running at 72V for the front. that would be a badass setup. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Wait a minute....some guy just said 36 volts will fry your pumps?? now iono, but i'd think more volts would run a higher chance or frying your pumps, i run 36 volts to my 3 pumps, don't last long but i'm too broke to buy more batts, have to work for now.....so why did he say 36 volts will fry your batts? is 36 volts like an un-lucky number or soemthing?????

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by Schimel750@Nov 14 2003, 12:00 AM
Wait a minute....some guy just said 36 volts will fry your pumps?? now iono, but i'd think more volts would run a higher chance or frying your pumps, i run 36 volts to my 3 pumps, don't last long but i'm too broke to buy more batts, have to work for now.....so why did he say 36 volts will fry your batts? is 36 volts like an un-lucky number or soemthing?????
I m wondering the same thing I was thinking that at 36 volts motors last longer but at 72 volts motor will burn up faster. :confused:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
it was a joke!

sarcasm....ya know. i've ran 36 volts to my pumps for 4 years now, and the only problem i had was o rings everything else is perfect.
36 volts is the way to go if you just want to cruise and don't plan on hopping....cause you'll get clowned! (i did by a fucked up caddy with no renforcement and 72 volts with 4 pumps).
the linc still looked better! ;)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by igorgulla@Nov 13 2003, 11:31 PM

What is your opininion. How many  volts per pump in how many bays? The car is a 1964 impala , I'm building it, and  I'm gonna buy the four pumps competition  kit  from Showtime, and I'll do a frame reinforcement too. Could I use 12' cylinders instead of 8'? And about the hoses, should I use 6# or 8#?
he's just kidding, 36 volts works perfect, it wont be all that fast but it wont fry the motors, but if you got alot of batts like that run it at like 48 - 60volts so you can get a little faster setup...

the 64 rear end dont have anymore than 8" suspension travel at MAX even with a minimum of coil
so theres no use to run any longer strokes than that.
and even then you'll have to notch out the bottom of the X in the frame so the driveshaft wont rub.
8" for the front is perfect and dont use the shockhole as a center when you drill the cylinder hole in the front springtowers, get it like just a little bit out closer to the tire. and if you got 1/2" pressure ports on those comp. blocks you'll be be cool with #6 (3/8") hoses.

Last edited by badass 64 at Nov 14 2003, 10:28 AM

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks dude..... :)

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Nov 14 2003, 02:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Nov 14 2003, 02:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--igorgulla@Nov 13 2003, 11:31 PM

What is your opininion. How many  volts per pump in how many bays? The car is a 1964 impala , I'm building it, and  I'm gonna buy the four pumps competition  kit  from Showtime, and I'll do a frame reinforcement too. Could I use 12' cylinders instead of 8'? And about the hoses, should I use 6# or 8#?
he's just kidding, 36 volts works perfect, it wont be all that fast but it wont fry the motors, but if you got alot of batts like that run it at like 48 - 60volts so you can get a little faster setup...

the 64 rear end dont have anymore than 8" suspension travel at MAX even with a minimum of coil
so theres no use to run any longer strokes than that.
and even then you'll have to notch out the bottom of the X in the frame so the driveshaft wont rub.
8" for the front is perfect and dont use the shockhole as a center when you drill the cylinder hole in the front springtowers, get it like just a little bit out closer to the tire. and if you got 1/2" pressure ports on those comp. blocks you'll be be cool with #6 (3/8") hoses.[/b][/quote]
why should we believe a "Swede" hahaa j.k. homie...

Igorgulla, I was being sarcastic... If you are going to put ten batteries, run all ten to the front and run all ten to the back if its a single pump... put two Adex or if you can find to original squares, put those on... and believe me, your setup will act like a double pump, it'll move super fast...

P.S. if you are just going to play around with the switch and on occassion hop... go with 6 batteries... all 6 to the front and 6 to the back... With two square dumps... Boy, your shit will be fast... P.S. just choose the correct coil for the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts