LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking 4 batts... but not sure on life of batteries..

who runs 4 batts in the streets? i like to play a bit at stoplights..

am i better with 6 batts?

not tryin to do anything special, just simple front back setup for now..

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
I switched from a straight 72v to running 48v with 6 batts,i can lay and play all day long!!.....

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Mar 4 2010, 03:10 PM~16797154
I switched from  a straight 72v to running 48v with 6 batts,i can lay and play all day long!!.....
so youre runnin 6 batts wired 2 in parrellel? i was thinkin of that.. longer battery life... and hopefully could make it through the weekend no charge

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by touchdowntodd@Mar 4 2010, 03:15 PM~16797195
so youre runnin 6 batts wired 2 in parrellel? i was thinkin of that.. longer battery life... and hopefully could make it through the weekend no charge
yup,4 batts with 2 reserves but Im running a street charger so they are always charged :)

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
My last car had 2 pumps,6 batts, 36v to each pump, worked great, batts seemed to last forever, i didn't daily drive it tho.

·
Registered
695 Posts
im on 4 batterys right now with a little 2 pump setup.
running 48v to the front and 36v to the rear

just replaced all 4 batterys with fresh dekas and I bet I could ride all weekend with my setup hittin it some....

but I dont like the idea of not charging the batterys up after a hard days use - just to make shure they always maintain a high level of charge should help them last a long time.

I do plan to add 2 reserve batterys on my car tho to have 6 in total
but I need to re do my rack and pump mounts for the extra batts - as mine now can only hold 4 batts wich sucks

I say build your rack to hold 6 batterys - and if you only use 4 then great but you have room in the rack to hold more if you decide to use them later on. thats whats catchin me up right now.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by brian84corvette@Mar 4 2010, 06:56 PM~16798050

deep cycle batteries were engineered to discharge and recharge, repeatedly

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
i only got 4 in the 5th homie, n i get plenty of use out of em

·
Registered
327 Posts
im runnin 4 in mine and havent charged em in 2 weeks. 48 front and 24 back. works good for me. had 6 but 2 crapped out this winter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts