LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have old new orion amp a T450, but it does not have any out put terminals. It does have 9 wires grouped together. I was wondering 8 of wire for front and back speaker and last for turning the amp on and off. I would really appreciate anyones help.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by sixduecechevy@Sep 4 2005, 09:00 PM~3751827
Hey I have old new orion amp a T450, but it does not have any out put terminals.  It does have 9 wires grouped together.  I was wondering 8 of wire for front and back speaker and last for turning the amp on and off.  I would really appreciate anyones help.
i was gonna say that maybe the wire are for the Hi input (incase your HU doesnt have RCA preamps, you would send the signals to the amp that way)... i've never heard of an amp with out a terminal for power, ground, and speakers... if your looking at (8) 18awg wires (small, about the size of the standard speaker wire), then power and ground for that amp is definitly not involved in that...the smallest power and ground i've seen on a low watt orion was 4awg(about as thick as a nickel), for the high watt amps, i think the power and ground can get all the way up to 0 guage :0

-qs

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the amp has a power and ground wire, but also has 9 wires that are grouped. It has a place for rca's rea and front that is labeled inputs. I guess my question is, did older have use wire instead of terminals.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by sixduecechevy@Sep 4 2005, 09:19 PM~3751915
the amp has a power and ground wire, but also has 9 wires that are grouped.  It has a place for rca's rea and front that is labeled inputs.  I guess my question is, did older have use wire instead of terminals.
Yes, old Orion amps have wire pigtails instead of screw terminals everyone is so spoiled to...

You will have your power and ground wires sticking out, then 9 wires on another plug sticking out, UNLESS it's a common ground amp, then you would have less wires...

If you have the 9 wires, 8 are the 4 speaker channels and ONE wire is the remote turn on lead...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts