LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 batteries, 10 switches, 2 reds pumps for the front with built in slowdowns, two reg pumps for the back, regular delta dumps, 4 solenoid blocks

k, my homie just bought a 66 impala with a nice setup in it, looks like it was all done right but the car has been sitting. the cat before him bought the car, and somethin went wrong when he was hittin switches coming home, he hadnt done anythin but let the car sit from that point on. ive been reading about the batteries, so i think load testing them needs to be done, but outta all the switches, no matter which one you hit, only one pump turns. i know he has one solenoid block that is stuck closed, so hes gonna buy a new one. could some of these be stuck open and not closed or somethin?

i havent tried to jump them all with jumper cables yet because i was scared i might mess somethin up since i cannot get the dumps to open. only the one pump for left front spins, but still does not raise the car, so i was thinkin it might have a bad pumphead, seal, or key, but i get no grinding noise so i dont think its the key. all pumps are full of fluid.

the guy that he bought the car from said it was his first lolo he had bought from some old lowrider cat and everything seems to look new, or damn near new, so i believe him saying its a new setup.

will i hurt anything just trying to jump the motors over by battery?

i didnt mess with it too much, but i did see that the bar that the solenoid blocks mount to has cracked welds and is no longer grounded properly, which i will fix asap.

since the car been sitting i was thinking bad grounds , so im gonna make sure i clean them all up.

also need to know if it would be better to buy regular ford solenoids over the solenoid blocks? if so how many will i need? there are three in each block and the car came with 12 batteries but we were only able to charge ten of them, but they are fully charged again and still only the one pump spins.

also was gonna get 4 brand new switches and wire them for individuals inside the trunk for now, for diagnosing if any were bad, didnt want to disconnect them inside just yet. is this a good idea? was planning on leaving them in the trunk, just to have them near whenever somethin goes wrong, its easier than to keep goin back and forth, or having a second person just for the swtich.

i have tired to get the solenoids to open manually at 24v but dont even get a spark when i touch the wire. one gets a spark, but does not open.

any help would be greatly appreciated guys. i never had any of these problems when i had my 2 pump setup, but didnt have that car either but for 4 mos. so im kinda new at fixin them. ive never had to do anythin but replace solenoids and charge batteries.

·
Registered
921 Posts
how long has it been sitting? batteries probably need charged back up then i would check all the grounds and such, then i would try new solenoids it still may be the key just pull the motor off the back and check it out should only be to screws

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car was sitting for a year or so. i figured some batteries were bad maybe, but they all took a charge and they are all topped off now and fully charged.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess ill try that then when i go back over there tommorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts