LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally put my pumps in my car and set the system up, I have 4 cce pumps all the same, but one goes up twice as fast from the rest, any idea's why? Is there something I'm doing wrong or something to look for to fix it. Please some help.

·
Registered
712 Posts
could be a different gear in that pump.

if you're running off sizes then they'll react different at the flick of the switch.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 8 batts, 4 per side, all the pumps are the same, how can I tell what gear is in the pump. Would the length of the hose matter, its about 6 inches longer?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by qwkkid@Aug 10 2005, 06:45 PM~3585326
I have 8 batts, 4 per side, all the pumps are the same, how can I tell what gear is in the pump.  Would the length of the hose matter, its about 6 inches longer?

you have to open them up and compare.

check whatever pump it's paired with to see what sizes you have.

·
OLD SCHOOL OG
7,283 Posts
may even be that the faster pump has no air in the lines and all the others do,

but i would go with the different pump head thing. only way to tell is break it down and look

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
i had this problem before,and all it was,was the o-ring in between the block and pumphead was worn out on one pump,,,i replaced all o-rings, and lifted evenly after both were bled

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by wired62@Aug 10 2005, 10:36 PM~3585659
i had this problem before,and all it was,was the o-ring in between the block and pumphead was worn out on one pump,,,i replaced all o-rings, and lifted evenly after both were bled

This would have been my answer or the different gears. Make sure the pump heads are tight against the blocks.

Did you assemble the pumps?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I never assembled the pumps its just the way I got them, I'll check the seal, but would it not be leaking if it was not tight or cut? Some body told me it may be the batt's, to check the voltage maybe the other side is not as full and affects the speed of the pump. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
if the front pumps are on two different bays,,yeah,,,that could definately be it,,,,but,,,i dont think this is the case,,,most people put front on one bay and back on another bay,,,,,,,im still stickin with what i said bout the o-ring in-between the block and pumphead.....from experiece with this same prob....especially with them being used pumps........and no,,it wouldnt leak,,,its inside the tank..

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
all pump heads got some numbers on them no? mine do its an easy check to see if the numbers are differant , right? plus you can get an oil change out of the deal LOL

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the left side of the car on one bank of batt's and the right on another, its my right rear thats the fast one. It shots up twice as fast as the left rear. I'll try by changing the batt's around first to see if it's the problem, and if not check the seal between the pumphead and block, I'll let you guys know what I find.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts