LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have $400 to spend on a sub, i have a memphis 1100D to push it with, i want good sound quality, but still be able to hit hard

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i have been lookin at the brahma on their website.... i have never heard one, are there any subs to campare it to?

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
where can i look at one of these?

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Originally posted by JeremyD@Nov 26 2003, 02:17 PM
DCL Drag R ;)

aka apocalypse

$250 and its yours. And it will sh*t on a brahma output wise. Sq well......another story.....
is that brand new. What other spl subs do you have for sale and do you have the hookup on any brand stuff. I just got a new job so now hopefully i can redo my sytem with nice stuff.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Originally posted by 91lacdeville+Nov 26 2003, 09:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (91lacdeville @ Nov 26 2003, 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JeremyD@Nov 26 2003, 02:17 PM
DCL Drag R ;)

aka apocalypse

$250 and its yours. And it will sh*t on a brahma output wise. Sq well......another story.....
is that brand new. What other spl subs do you have for sale and do you have the hookup on any brand stuff. I just got a new job so now hopefully i can redo my sytem with nice stuff.[/b][/quote]
for real whachu go the hook up on jeremy?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by mattb4bama@Nov 25 2003, 07:31 PM
i have $400 to spend on a sub, i have a memphis 1100D to push it with, i want good sound quality, but still be able to hit hard
For a mix of both worlds (SPL and SQ), look into these subwoofers:

1.) Resonant Engineering XXX's
2.) Adire Audio Brahma MKII's
3.) Elemental Designs "A"-Series
4.) Treo Engineering SSX's (a tad expensive)
5.) Image Dynamics IDMAX v.3's
6.) Orion H2's

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by 1LOW-FoundOnRoadDead@Nov 26 2003, 11:38 PM
5.) Image Dynamics IDMAX v.3's

I use to be sponsored by them 4 years ago.
I never had any problems with them.
Image Dynamics makes great subwoofers. My friend is running a single IDMAX 12" v.3 in IB and he has been pounding the hell out of it (for months)...no problems yet. He had no problems with the previous versions of the IDMAX's he used to own as well. Do you know what happened to the IDSPL series (I believe those were a very-limited production subwoofer to come out of ID)?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER+Nov 26 2003, 08:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BuThatsaCHRYSLER @ Nov 26 2003, 08:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 09:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JeremyD
@Nov 26 2003, 02:17 PM
DCL Drag R ;)

aka apocalypse

is that brand new. What other spl subs do you have for sale and do you have the hookup on any brand stuff. I just got a new job so now hopefully i can redo my sytem with nice stuff.
for real whachu go the hook up on jeremy?[/b][/quote]
Well, I still have a whole bunch of used stuff laying around here...

2x 15" MMATS Juggernauts
1x 12" Bostwick DCL Drag R
2x 10" Resonant Engineering SE's
2x 10" Resonant Engineering SEXXX's

The dcl drag is about 3/4 of a year old. Its been sitting in a closet for the past 6 months or so. I personally LOVED this woofer when it was installed in my car. To date STILL the single loudest 12" driver I've used.

As far as what I can get?

Well, I like to help out the companies that help me!

Whatever you see me run, I can pretty much get it for you at a good cost.

Some companies that I deal with or have dealt with in the past:

Bostwick
Resonant Engineering
Matrxx Audio
Incriminator Audio
Selenium Loudspeaker
Atomic Loudspeaker

Last edited by JeremyD at Nov 27 2003, 09:08 AM

1 - 20 of 29 Posts