LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got 4 new ones cuz 1 broke but i decided 2 get all 4 new....now i got 3 loose and ready 2 put da new ones on....but i cant figure out how 2 loosen da da 2nd one n line....ok under da alternator(pass. side lower engine) dat pulley...dat belt...i cant figure out how 2 loosen it... i took off da fan shroud just so i can see better but still no luck.

can sumone please help me out on dis

tanks

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by SICBSTRD@Jan 10 2004, 06:06 PM
maybe if you try it in english
ok.... the second belt in line....i cant find out where the loosener is....its the pulley under the alternater...passenger side....do you know how i can loosen it?

better?

·
Burbans & Lacs
2,168 Posts
Originally posted by calvin+Jan 11 2004, 12:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (calvin @ Jan 11 2004, 12:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SICBSTRD@Jan 10 2004, 06:06 PM
ok.... the second belt in line....i cant find out where the loosener is....its the pulley under the alternater...passenger side....do you know how i can loosen it?

better?[/b][/quote]
much better :thumbsup: are you talking bout the power steering belt...if so im pretty sure you gotta loosen the power steering pump

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by SICBSTRD+Jan 11 2004, 12:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SICBSTRD @ Jan 11 2004, 12:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2004, 12:31 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--SICBSTRD
@Jan 10 2004, 06:06 PM

better?
much better :thumbsup: are you talking bout the power steering belt...if so im pretty sure you gotta loosen the power steering pump[/b][/quote]
i dont think its the power steering belt.... because the reason i got all new belts was one had broke...the first one n line and my steering was really stiff...so i was guessin that belt was connected to the power steering pulley...

theres 4 belts....the top one is for the air conditioning...left is alternator....right is i dont know....then there is the one under the alternator....that cant b the power steering belt?...

damn its a mission to type like this lol

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
i think its the air pump, not too sure on that though, if its the power steering u have to loosen it from the pump.

its been a while since i last saw a 4100

Last edited by bckbmpr84 at Jan 11 2004, 08:07 AM

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by bckbmpr84@Jan 11 2004, 09:05 AM
i think its the air pump, not too sure on that though, if its the power steering u have to loosen it from the pump.

its been a while since i last saw a 4100
ok i checked on how to remove steering pump and i dont think this is it...because it shows the steering pump on the right side(driver) and i think i got that one already on a belt(the first belt)...im tryn to look for air pump but nothings coming up

·
Registered
451 Posts
I changed mine out and had to force it on because I spent a whole day looking for a way to loosen the best advise I can give is to muscle up and where gloves because i busted my fingers twice before realize losing blood or where gloves. I dont think it has an adjustment, but I could be wrong??????

·
Registered
489 Posts
alright i had to fugure this out on my own and it was a fuckin pain.... so let me help you bro.

ok first take off the alternator and get it out of the way so you can see whats up.

now i was able to loose the three blots holding it in place, two on the back of it by the exhaust manifold and one on the side of it that sets the tension, like on the alternator and a/c compressor.

ok now that they all loose you should be able to put the belt on by yourself, you gotta fuck with it for a while because mine kept slippin off the pulley by the fan, or get some one to help you.

if you can't get to the bolts from the top of the engine, try jacking up the car and getting them form underneath, i didn't try this way but it looks easier lookin form underneath. but if you go from underneath you'll definately need someone to hold that shit in place.

now when you get that belt on, tighten that motherfucker good because its a real pain to tighten it up without removin the alternator or from underneath.

i changed all fo mine about 3 months ago and now i have to retighten them cuz they are squeaking, and its too fucking cold here in NYC to do that shit agian, so get it tight the first time. ok thats about it, let me knoe how it goes. later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts