LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got it bak from da shop... and he said sumthing bout my cylinder not puttin anuff preasure or sumthing and makin it push out more gasoline den needed?.... wha happens wit da car is it has no power at all...i press da gas and its lik no real power... and ok if i press da gas a lil bit it sounds loud but doesnt move much, if i press it more it quitdowns and doesnt move any faster and if i press it more it gets loud again and den moves a lil faster.

so i checked da book i have and dis is da shit it can be :

1. incorrect ignition timing
2. excessive play in distrutor shaft/also check 4 worn rotors,faulty dis. cap,wires,etc.
3. faulty/incorrectly gapped spark plugs
4. fuel injection unit not adjusted properly/worn
5. faulty coil
6. brakes binding
7. automatic transmission fluid level incorrect
8. fuel filter clogged/impurities n fuel system
9. emissions control system not functioning properly
10. use of substandard fuel
11. low or even cylinder compression pressures.test wit compression tester which will detect leakin valves and/or blown head gasket

k now i know its not 1 cuz he just did da timing, 2..maybe cuz it was loose but he fixed dat but he did say i needed new rotors and my one of my posts on da dis. cap is kinda broken..3...maybe cuz i just changed dem and i dont kno wtf gapped means but dis prob was even b4 i changed da spark plugs...4...maybe...5...maybe....6...maybe i do need 2 fix da brakes...7...maybe...8...maybe and i just got a new fuel filter but havent put it on....9...maybe...10...no cuz i only put 93 octane....and 11....is kinda wha he said it was...

i dont kno wur 2 go from hea... i brought da car bak home and i dont kno if i should look 4 another engine or wha

need a lil advice

83 coupe deville 4100 engine

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
TO SET THE TIMING YOU NEED TO DISCONNECT A GREEN WIRE TO ADJUST PROPERLY....CHECK THE CODES FROM THE CLIMATE CONTROL TO SEE ???WHAT CODES COME UP???

HAD SAME PROBLEM WITH ONE OF MY 4100'S....MAP SENSOR BAD.... :cool:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by harborareaPhil@Dec 18 2003, 07:33 PM
TO SET THE TIMING YOU NEED TO DISCONNECT A GREEN WIRE TO ADJUST PROPERLY....CHECK THE CODES FROM THE CLIMATE CONTROL TO SEE ???WHAT CODES COME UP???

it just says SERVICE ENGINE or SERVICE SOON....which ever dat light dats...its always on...dats da only thing dat comes on

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
Originally posted by calvin+Dec 18 2003, 05:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (calvin @ Dec 18 2003, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--harborareaPhil@Dec 18 2003, 07:33 PM
TO SET THE TIMING YOU NEED TO DISCONNECT A GREEN WIRE TO ADJUST PROPERLY....CHECK THE CODES FROM THE CLIMATE CONTROL TO SEE  ???WHAT CODES COME UP???

it just says SERVICE ENGINE or SERVICE SOON....which ever dat light dats...its always on...dats da only thing dat comes on[/b][/quote]
DO YOU KNOW HOW TO CHECK FOR CODES?

;) AND IF YOU CHANGED THE PLUGS WIRES ETC...YOU NEED TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY AND WAIT 10 MINS AND THOSE LIGHTS SHOULD GO OFF....IF THERES NO MORE PROBLEMS :cool:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by harborareaPhil+Dec 19 2003, 12:36 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (harborareaPhil @ Dec 19 2003, 12:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2003, 05:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--harborareaPhil
@Dec 18 2003, 07:33 PM
TO SET THE TIMING YOU NEED TO DISCONNECT A GREEN WIRE TO ADJUST PROPERLY....CHECK THE CODES FROM THE CLIMATE CONTROL TO SEE  ???WHAT CODES COME UP???

it just says SERVICE ENGINE or SERVICE SOON....which ever dat light dats...its always on...dats da only thing dat comes on

;) AND IF YOU CHANGED THE PLUGS WIRES ETC...YOU NEED TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY AND WAIT 10 MINS AND THOSE LIGHTS SHOULD GO OFF....IF THERES NO MORE PROBLEMS :cool:[/b][/quote]
no i dont kno how 2 check 4 codes :(

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by downsouthplaya@Dec 19 2003, 10:18 AM
coo coo cal whenever u ready to drop in a 350 and get rid of that 4100 lemme know cuz
wen u gonna c it nigga? i dont got werk tomorrow ill hit u up n see if i swing by

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Originally posted by calvin+Dec 19 2003, 08:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (calvin @ Dec 19 2003, 08:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--downsouthplaya@Dec 19 2003, 10:18 AM
coo coo cal whenever u ready to drop in a 350 and get rid of that 4100 lemme know cuz
wen u gonna c it nigga? i dont got werk tomorrow ill hit u up n see if i swing by[/b][/quote]
hit me up on my cell monday morn....

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Originally posted by SICBSTRD@Dec 19 2003, 10:12 AM
the problem is the motor itself...the 4100 IS GARBAGE!!!
:uh: Not really. If you know how to take care of shit. And maintain, They are just fine. NEVER had a single problem with 'em. ;)

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
Originally posted by calvin+Dec 19 2003, 05:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (calvin @ Dec 19 2003, 05:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2003, 05:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--harborareaPhil
@Dec 18 2003, 07:33 PM

;) AND IF YOU CHANGED THE PLUGS WIRES ETC...YOU NEED TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY AND WAIT 10 MINS AND THOSE LIGHTS SHOULD GO OFF....IF THERES NO MORE PROBLEMS :cool:
no i dont kno how 2 check 4 codes :([/b][/quote]
:biggrin: WELL.........WITH THE IGNITION TURN ON(FORWARD)...PRESS THE OFF & LOWER TEMP(BOTTOM BUTTON TO MAKE HOT) ON THE CLIMATE CONTROL,AT THE SAME TIME.....IT WILL CLICK OFF AND GIVE YOU CODE #'S......RIGHT THEM DOWN AND WE'LL GO FROM THERE :cool:

·
RESPECT IS EVERYTHING
40,199 Posts
Originally posted by calvin@Dec 18 2003, 05:08 PM
just got it bak from da shop... and he said sumthing bout my cylinder not puttin anuff preasure or sumthing and makin it push out more gasoline den needed?.... wha happens wit da car is it has no power at all...i press da gas and its lik no real power... and ok if i press da gas a lil bit it sounds loud but doesnt move much, if i press it more it quitdowns and doesnt move any faster and if i press it more it gets loud again and den moves a lil faster.

so i checked da book i have and dis is da shit it can be :

1. incorrect ignition timing
2. excessive play in distrutor shaft/also check 4 worn rotors,faulty dis. cap,wires,etc.
3. faulty/incorrectly gapped spark plugs
4. fuel injection unit not adjusted properly/worn
5. faulty coil
6. brakes binding
7. automatic transmission fluid level incorrect
8. fuel filter clogged/impurities n fuel system
9. emissions control system not functioning properly
10. use of substandard fuel
11. low or even cylinder compression pressures.test wit compression tester which will detect leakin valves and/or blown head gasket

k now i know its not 1 cuz he just did da timing, 2..maybe cuz it was loose but he fixed dat but he did say i needed new rotors and my one of my posts on da dis. cap is kinda broken..3...maybe cuz i just changed dem and i dont kno wtf gapped means but dis prob was even b4 i changed da spark plugs...4...maybe...5...maybe....6...maybe i do need 2 fix da brakes...7...maybe...8...maybe and i just got a new fuel filter but havent put it on....9...maybe...10...no cuz i only put 93 octane....and 11....is kinda wha he said it was...

i dont kno wur 2 go from hea... i brought da car bak home and i dont kno if i should look 4 another engine or wha

need a lil advice

83 coupe deville 4100 engine
IR IS YOUR OIL PRESSURE SENSER UNDER THE AIR CLEANER, MY 4100 DID IT AND BLEW FUSES ALSO CHECK YOU OILSENSER UNDER THERE I ALSO IS APART YOUE FUIL MIXTURE THEY BOTH WORK TO GETHER IF THAT IS NOT IT CHECK THE PLUG ON THE SAME PLACE IT IS BY YOUR CAP IT ALSO AFFECT YOU GAS IF IT IS UNPLUGGER IT WILL ALSO NOT START TRUST IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBS PM ME I WILL GIVE YOU MY NMBER CALL ME I WILL WALK YOU THROUGH IT

GOOD LUCK HOMIE

·
RESPECT IS EVERYTHING
40,199 Posts
ALSO ON YOUR PLUGS RUN THE SAME BRAND YOU DEALER REQUEST WICH SHOULD BE AC DELCO FOR CADDI'S WELL HOLLA IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ALSO RUN 93 OCTAIN IT WILL BE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE WAY IT RUNS

·
RESPECT IS EVERYTHING
40,199 Posts
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT- WILL ALWAYS BE ON THAT IS THE FLUA OF THE GM CADDI

ONLY THE NEWER STYLE CADDI'S 93 AND UP THE GAS PETAL WORK I HAVE A 93 FLEETWOOD IT SUCKS. BUT YOU ARE FACING ALOT OF SHIT WHAT YEAR IS IT?

·
RESPECT IS EVERYTHING
40,199 Posts
FUCK IT JUST BY ANOTHER MOTER AND 350 WOULD BE MIGHTY NICE

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
k did da code thing....i tink i saw

the digital readout isnt great but i tink thats wha i read

i tink imma just pull it n put a chevy engine n it... im gettin another ride 4 daily use so...i can take my time wit it

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
:uh: 52...computer needs reset.......

:dunno: 70..100...NO LISTING..MAYBE READING WRONG....

BUT LIKE EVERYONE IS SAYING.....350! :cool:

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
What the hell did you say

1 - 20 of 21 Posts