LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
84 fleetwood...the car drove fine, on the freeway turned off. towed home and saw no spark but injectors were firing. distributor tested and is fine. replaced capacitor, injection module, coil pack, and cap is all new. now, no spark and no fuel. any ideas? an yes everything hooked back up correctly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,724 Posts
im sure youve checked all your fuses.

starter turns over ok?

other accessories like interior lights and such work?

sounds like alot of things arent getting power or a brain is telling things to not get power, like distributor and fuel pump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually i didnt check fuses yet...i'll do that in the morning, starter is fine, fuel pump is fine, distributor is fine. and all lights work. i'll check fuses but from there i dont know...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
WORD!!!

Gotta check your fuses FIRST, when you are having problems. So many times people dont take the time and put alot of money into there rides getting no results...

With these cars you should know right away if its a fuse because there is so much shit wired to each one. Just check your manual it will tell you what is all wired to what fuse....so if somthing else hooked up to same thing wont work, its a given that its the fuse.

Good luck man, let us know how it goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fuses fine...playing with them though it started right up and after reving it up for a few seconds it died again. just replaced a temp sensor and still nothing. it doesnt look like it but maybe loose wiring by fuses???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
its a sign

u need a chevy or olds motor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
Press off and warmer on the climate control itll flash the codes, that may be a good start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Jan 19 2009, 03:27 PM~12751190
Press off and warmer on the climate control itll flash the codes, that may be a good start.
thanks i'll try that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Jan 19 2009, 03:27 PM~12751190
Press off and warmer on the climate control itll flash the codes, that may be a good start.
codes started coming up but i couldnt read them cuz the display is going. so in the morn i going to the junk yard to get a new climate control...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,483 Posts
Is your fuel pump delivering fuel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by Frogg@Jan 19 2009, 11:09 PM~12755688
codes started coming up but i couldnt read them cuz the display is going. so in the morn i going to the junk yard to get a new climate control...
That may be the problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
I'm having probelms with my 4100 too I repalced the dist. cap wires, spark plugs, hoses, oxygen sensor, battery and ysterday it wouldn't turn over. The lights weren't dimming like a battery/issue but it still won't turn...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got a working climate control today and the code read 52. ecm failure. so im swap in a fresh one tomorrow and hopefully thats it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
I figured its my starter or starter selinoid Imma check it out later when I get off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
Originally posted by Sleepy G@Jan 19 2009, 06:27 PM~12751184
its a sign

u need a chevy or olds motor

I've decided that the FIRST thing Imma do when I start working on this Caddy is drop that shitty god damn 4100 motor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by Frogg@Jan 20 2009, 09:20 PM~12765571
got a working climate control today and the code read 52. ecm failure. so im swap in a fresh one tomorrow and hopefully thats it...
thats very possible but that code also means the battery has been disconnected at some point. Make sure you get the computer with the same ID code as the one that you think is bad. I has a similar problem with mine and it was the ECU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by MonteCarloLS910@Jan 21 2009, 12:27 PM~12771060
I figured its my starter or starter selinoid Imma check it out later when I get off
Could be a fusible link
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Jan 21 2009, 03:21 PM~12774019
thats very possible but that code also means the battery has been disconnected at some point. Make sure you get the computer with the same ID code as the one that you think is bad. I has a similar problem with mine and it was the ECU.
swapped out the ecm and still nothing....
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top