LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the sedan delivery version of the Galaxie kit

I'm playing around with my camera so I hope the pictures come out ok.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Nov 2 2003, 11:03 AM
Lookin' good as usual. Just curious though, how much time do you spend on a car??
I guess something like the fleetline would be perhaps 30 hours work - I really don't knows cause I've never logged the amount of time I spend on each kit - I usually have a cuple of things on the go at one time and just do a bit on each on as I feel like it but lowriders tend to be time consuming because of detailing the engine & suspension etc.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Ajay+Nov 2 2003, 12:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ajay @ Nov 2 2003, 12:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd@Nov 2 2003, 11:03 AM
Lookin' good as usual. Just curious though, how much time do you spend on a car??
I guess something like the fleetline would be perhaps 30 hours work - I really don't knows cause I've never logged the amount of time I spend on each kit - I usually have a cuple of things on the go at one time and just do a bit on each on as I feel like it but lowriders tend to be time consuming because of detailing the engine & suspension etc.[/b][/quote]
i just meant like...a week, a month. however long it takes to get done.

It just looks to me like you put in a lot of time and work into them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Nov 2 2003, 11:16 AM
did that come like that or did you piece 2 differant kits together?

that is something differant looking :thumbsup:
Galaxie did two versions - the coupe & the sedan delivery - it's pretty much out of the box.
I'm surprised you guys didn't snap them up when they came out a few years back - they're really nice kits (except for the metal transfers for the trim - I could never get them to stick properly.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Ajay@Nov 2 2003, 10:48 AM
Galaxie did two versions - the coupe & the sedan delivery - it's pretty much out of the box.
I'm surprised you guys didn't snap them up when they came out a few years back.
never seen or heard of them before over here. :(
havent even heard of that company either i dont think.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 2 2003, 11:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 2 2003, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Ajay@Nov 2 2003, 10:48 AM
havent even heard of that company either i dont think.[/b][/quote]
Good job I keep my old Scaleautomags - Oct 2001 advert page 63 $26.95 + $6 s&h credit card orders (262) 673-6386 mon-fri 9am-4pm cst
Galaxie Limited Box 655 Butler WI 53007
not sure if they're still available but might be worth a call if you're interested. ;)
I know they still advertise they're trailer kits

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
bad ass. I think the price turned a lot of people off, but they are sweet kits, lots of detail. A lot of people complained about that trim stick on. I think on mine I will glue it to the body before painting, then foil it. In the pic, the coupe has a gold kit, the panel has a chrome kit.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Damn, pics just slowed down like hell! Anybody else have a problem?

Anyways, Galaxie only came out with these 2 kits and a line of real nice enclosed trailers. They were supposed to come out with a 41 Chevy too, but I heard that the funds just weren't there.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
:0 I love Chevy Deliveries!
That looks awesome and I never knew that someone mad a 48 Delivery kit! Can anyone in the US hook me up with some of these next time that swap meet rolls 'round? I'd pay the postage and the model price, aswell as a bit for you for helping me out!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 2 2003, 10:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 2 2003, 10:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Ajay@Nov 2 2003, 10:48 AM
havent even heard of that company either i dont think.[/b][/quote]
what? an i thought you were the MAD MODELER. :confused: :dunno: shit, bro they where selling them at hobbytown a few years back. they where on special order. some of the other hobby shops had them in stock.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf+Nov 2 2003, 06:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tonedeaf @ Nov 2 2003, 06:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -The Mad [email protected] 2 2003, 10:54 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Ajay
@Nov 2 2003, 10:48 AM

havent even heard of that company either i dont think.
what? an i thought you were the MAD MODELER. :confused: :dunno: shit, bro they where selling them at hobbytown a few years back. they where on special order. some of the other hobby shops had them in stock.[/b][/quote]
i was gonna say this morning that they probably was around when i took a break from model building for a few years.

remember i just got back into this all over again around april/may of this year and started buying kits. ;)

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by Purpura Delujo@Nov 3 2003, 07:02 AM
That looks awesome and I never knew that someone mad a 48 Delivery kit! Can anyone in the US hook me up with some of these next time that swap meet rolls 'round? I'd pay the postage and the model price, aswell as a bit for you for helping me out!
so dont you want the develery van i got here waitin for ya ;)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Originally posted by 64_impalas+Nov 3 2003, 09:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (64_impalas @ Nov 3 2003, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Purpura Delujo@Nov 3 2003, 07:02 AM
so dont you want the develery van i got here waitin for ya ;)[/b][/quote]
Yeah for sure man, I would prefer a 39 over a 48, but any delivery is a sweet delivery :cool:
Shit I didn't know you went and got it, I better get my arse into gear for some money! I'm trying to sell this collectors edition matchbox car I have from when I was about 11, should get me there :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts