LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up a 1949 Chevy truck on Friday night:D:cool:
i got on it today and took it all off the frame since i am leaning towards the s-10 frame swap.:D
i wanna send it all to get sandblasted, thanks to the lil homie Stevie from my car club.:cool:
here are a few pics snapped, ill post as much as i can. any productive comments and suggestions ill gladly take.:biggrin:
super excited to get this thing going..:biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
couple more...

Attachments

·
Doin Tyme
10,757 Posts
nice project for the wifey bro. but i don't see her in the pix helping out supervising to make sure your building her truck right...........lol
i would say get the get the quarter windows to make it a 5 window truck. what's the plans for it?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man she was! Lol she's always been the one down lol it was me and her all day breaking it down. As far as plans...as of now my main focus is updating the suspension to the s-10 frame. I don't wanna start barking out what I'm going to do. Ill let my actions and build speak for itself ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice project. I think the extra front fenders and hood you have are for a 54-55 1st series truck. It uses a different style grille.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sold em already. I was thinking They where GMC? Idk...all I know is they r gone and I have the frame and rear fenders to get rid of. Anyone?! Lol

I sold the bed as well, it was a long bed. With that money I found a short bed for it. So hopefully this weekend I can pick up the frame and bed. I wanna start on the frame brackets.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks homies. Anyone know what I can do wit this 49 frame? I don't wanna junk it but if t ain't out by this week ima call my junk man tomorrow night. HOA doesn't like me and I don't wanna hear it from em lol

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2011-11-28 15.10.17.jpg 2011-11-28 15.10.44.jpg
old 49 frame....

2011-12-03 11.58.21.jpg 2011-12-03 11.59.09.jpg
new 88 s10 frame ready for clean up!!

i called my junk man...he came and picked up the 49 frame...
i didnt wanna junk it but i couldnt let it sit. so its probably gonna get dismembered and sold as scrap :'( lol
now since i got the new frame i need to figuring out my brackets i will weld on

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol Yea let me just build a wall steardy enough to hold a truck frame. But I'm just gonna set the cab on 4x4 blocks and weld the brackets to that height. The frame dips where the 49 frame stayed straight. I have to compensate for the drop.

Watup Sic B)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2011-12-04 19.03.58.jpg 2011-12-04 19.04.09.jpg 2011-12-04 19.04.19.jpg

i squuuuuuueeeezed the frame in the garage
barely enough but i succeeded!! this weekend i want to set the cab on top of the frame and start on my brackets for the body

1 - 20 of 32 Posts