LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my tranny on my 95 buick roadmaster goes out and i been lookin at the wreking yards and they want betwen 500 and 800 buks for a used one. im pretty sure i can rebuild it myself , anyone here done it? is it hard? any pointers?

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
You'll need a couple special tools, nothing really expensive, a couple snap-ring pliers, and a few clutch pack compressors (can't remember the "real" name for them...)

Very "doable", if I were you, and was driven on rebuilding it myself, I would pick up the new "core", either a Haynes book on the trans, or an ATSG manual (ATSG being the preferred book), pull your old trans apart A COUPLE OF TIMES, each time, referring to the manual to see what certain parts functions are, and go ahead on yours...

Not the most complicated rebuild, but the time you spend learning a little on the trans will show in the finished product.....

eazy

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i plan on buying a dvd on rebuilding my tranny

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by streetking@Oct 13 2007, 02:58 PM~8992697
i plan on buying a dvd on rebuilding my tranny
Not a bad idea, I misread your post, I thought you were planning on buying a new trans to rebuild.. Either way, a "junk" transmission (somewhat similar to yours, of course), would make the rebuild go a little smoother.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i have been wanting to do this for some time....but with a th350 everyone tells me not to do this!!!! why is this such a big job??? the only reasons i have heard is lots of parts and has to be super clean.

anybody else have an opinion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts