Registered
10,429 Posts
that motor will drop right in :)

5.0 =305cid

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the 5.0 is the stock 5.0 the guy that is lookin at my car said that in order to put a 350 in i would have to change the ehxaust the radiator core support motor mounts all kinds of stuff i just dont know what to do what kind of transmission that is stock in this year caddy wont bolt up to a 350 the 350 will probaly be a crate motor

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
gm makes 2 different 5.0 engines. one is a chevy 305 which is interchangeable with a 350, 327, 283, 307, 383 or 400.

the other is an oldsmobile 307, an olds 350 rocket will drop right in, but i dont think you are talking about that engine.

chevy has its own bellhousing pattern and buick, olds, pontiac, and caddilac share another. some transmissions like the 2004r have both patterns.

so to swap a chevy 350 in place of an olds 5.0 (307) you will need the engine, frame motor mount brackets, and transmission. the exhaust will also be different. depending on the model of trans, you may also need another driveshaft or have yours shortend.

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Aug 30 2005, 05:50 PM~3721758
gm makes 2 different 5.0 engines. one is a chevy 305 which is interchangeable with a 350, 327, 283, 307, 383 or 400.

the other is an oldsmobile 307, an olds 350 rocket will drop right in, but i dont think you are talking about that engine.

chevy has its own bellhousing pattern and buick, olds, pontiac, and caddilac share another. some transmissions like the 2004r have both patterns.

so to swap a chevy 350 in place of an olds 5.0 (307) you will need the engine, frame motor mount brackets, and transmission. the exhaust will also be different. depending on the model of trans, you may also need another driveshaft or have yours shortend.
some caddies had olds 5.0 on them until 90

what does the intake say?

if it says oldsmobile on it its an oldsmobile

post pics and well tell you

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is actually the same thing I am going through right now. I am trying to swap my Olds 307 to a Chevy 350, But there is so much stuff that has got to be changed it is horrible. :thumbsdown:

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
Originally posted by TWisM85CUT@Sep 2 2005, 09:36 PM~3743790
This is actually the same thing I am going through right now. I am trying to swap my Olds 307 to a Chevy 350, But there is so much stuff that has got to be changed it is horrible.  :thumbsdown:
Just swap to a olds 350 rocket homie ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
:biggrin: just find a olds rocket motor to put in it if you put in a chevy 350 the bellhousing won't fit up to it. Also if you are thinking about changing the tranny to say a 700r4 you have to cut the driveshaft down because the tranny is longer than the original one. my advise get a rocket 350 and a B.O.P.(Buick, Olds, Pontiac,)turbo 350 or 400 tranny

GOOD LUCK BRO! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by TWisM85CUT@Sep 3 2005, 12:36 AM~3743790
This is actually the same thing I am going through right now. I am trying to swap my Olds 307 to a Chevy 350, But there is so much stuff that has got to be changed it is horrible.  :thumbsdown:

Not really, you put chevy motor and frame mounts on the new chevy engine, drop it in place, mark the holes, pull it out then drill the holes for the frame mounts/mount them up and drop the motor back in. If you use a TH350, it is vacuum modulated and no lockup/wiring to worry about....battery/starter wires go on the passenger side, coil wire is the same, and everything else just use a full size chevy (caprice or whatever) if you need parts (radiator, hoses, etc) Its not really that bad :cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Actually, I am thinking f selling the car. I found a Caddillac that I wnt to get. Good looking out on all the advise though. Really do appriciate it.
:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.