LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have one 5 gallon tank and a Viair 450, with a 150psi system with all 1/2", then I start playing with the controls (raise, dump, raise, dump etc), how long might my 5 gallon air supply last before the compressor cuts in (at 110psi)?

Once the compressor is running, will it be able to keep up with me playing with the controls, or would I have to wait for it to reach maximum pressure in the tank?

If I am going to be limited in playing about capacity, which would be the best upgrade route - a second 450, swap for a 550, or a second tank?

I don't want an engine-driven compressor because I don't think there is room for one (already got air conditioning in the way).

Thanks everyone :cheesy:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
youre gonna hate that setup..

5 gallons is gonna run out quick..

you seen my vid, thats 12 gallons at 175 psi

no compressor in the world will fill the tank as fast as you can hit switches

nitrogen, on the other hand..... ;)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply!

I thought that might be the case! :angry:

Well, I suppose I'll get it up and running on that set up, then get annoyed with it and start reading up on nitrogen :biggrin:

What are the basics for adding nitrogen? Do you just plumb in a tank with a regulator and control its input to the system via a solenoid? Where abouts in the system do you introduce the nitrogen?

How long does your nitrogen supply last if you use just nitrogen without the air compressor adding to the system?

:cheesy:

Last edited by M-827 at Oct 30 2003, 08:03 PM

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
this is how my setup used to look :(

but, you can see how the nitro is plumbed in..

just hook it anywhere on the tank, set your regulator to the desired PSI.

you then have 2 options..

either manually turn the bottle on and off, or use a solenoid valve to do it, wired to a switch inside the car..

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that ;)

I've just been looking at your site again. It's great, I've learnt a lot from looking through your pictures! :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts