:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
:cheesy:

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
I've heard of that Alsa paint before but didnt know how it looked. Looks pretty close to actual chrome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Aug 25 2006, 08:07 PM~6041253

COULD YOU IMAGINE THE PREP WORK INVOLVED  :0  :0  :0
I was told by my friend who works at a body shop it cost $1,200usd a gallon..  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0

That would be worth it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,804 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Aug 25 2006, 10:13 AM~6041294

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm im luving it

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
I've seen several cars done in the chrome paint before, including a Jaguar and a Shelby Cobra. There were a couple cars at last year's SEMA show in chrome paint too. :cool:

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
could you imagine trying to keep it clean? and 1200 a gallon? wow but if you can afford a Lambo then I guess that's just a drop in the bucket..

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Originally posted by str8clown'n@Aug 25 2006, 11:54 AM~6042055
my painter is waiting on that paint it is coolor eazy to shoot
ya go to alsacorps site, they show a video of shooting it... looks easier then paint, you just dump the stuff on until it's dripping off..., it smooths itself out, and looks like what would be a run normally just would end up laying flat with this stuff..., but imagine the effect if the body had ANY waviness? lol

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
the body work has to be PERFECT. im sure they had to work that lambo over a few times. nothing is perfect from factory, would hope a lambo would be near perfect though. Lots of work before you can even spray the chrome. You have to buff the black paint(with clear of course) to a miror shine. Then you have to spray the "ready to spray" chrome paint. Then you have to clear that. That is a tricky thing to do. Not all clear gives a good result, and has annoyed a lot of good painters. Going to waste some material to find out what works before doing any big project.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts