LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a blazer that i want low but i also want air ride so do you have to lower it first or when you get the bags well it sit low heres a pic of it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
no, all you have to do is the the neccisary prep work involved (i.e. mini/monster notch the rear, cut the spring pocket out, and so on) and then put in the bags and stuff.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I got a ZR1 Rollpan witht he light kit and tail light fillers for that, allot of other parts too. hit me back..

Mirrors too, and everything to put a small block in that bitch. plus some, all new, all has to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You are going to need drop spindles if you want to lay the front out. For the rear, you'll need a three or four link set up ( I would suggest a four link). If you decide to just keep the leaf springs and do an over leaf setup, you'll need a mono leaf.

To answer you question, no you don't need to lower it first. Putting a four link on a blazer is a bitch because you'll need to cut out the floor in the back you might lose your back seat depending on the size of the notch you put in. The front is easy...all you have to do is remove the springs, trim the spring pockets and put in your bags and brackets and drop spindles.

I'm assuming your truck is a 2wd, correct?

Here is a blazer I just sold. I would have loved to bag it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by serge40t@Jul 25 2005, 04:43 PM
You are going to need drop spindles if you want to lay the front out.  For the rear, you'll need a three or four link set up ( I would suggest a four link).  If you decide to just keep the leaf springs and do an over leaf setup, you'll need a mono leaf.

To answer you question, no you don't need to lower it first.  Putting a four link on a blazer is a bitch because you'll need to cut out the floor in the back you might lose your back seat depending on the size of the notch you put in.  The front is easy...all you have to do is remove the springs, trim the spring pockets and put in your bags and brackets and drop spindles. 

Here is a blazer I just sold.  I would have loved to bag it.
[snapback]3476441[/snapback]​
depending on how large of a wheel he goes with will tell is spindles are needed to lay crossmember.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jul 25 2005, 03:54 PM
depending on how large of a wheel he goes with will tell is spindles are needed to lay crossmember.
[snapback]3476527[/snapback]​
he's using 13's.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by serge40t@Jul 25 2005, 03:43 PM
You are going to need drop spindles if you want to lay the front out.  For the rear, you'll need a three or four link set up ( I would suggest a four link).  If you decide to just keep the leaf springs and do an over leaf setup, you'll need a mono leaf.

To answer you question, no you don't need to lower it first.  Putting a four link on a blazer is a bitch because you'll need to cut out the floor in the back you might lose your back seat depending on the size of the notch you put in.  The front is easy...all you have to do is remove the springs, trim the spring pockets and put in your bags and brackets and drop spindles. 

Here is a blazer I just sold.  I would have loved to bag it.
[snapback]3476441[/snapback]​
now that looks TITS!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by aleigh-n@Jul 25 2005, 06:31 PM
he's using 13's.
[snapback]3477343[/snapback]​
i lay crossmember with out spindles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts