LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy told me that my car had cancer in the paint when I had it inspected? I thought it was just a rock chip from when I got ran off the road by a semi. Does anyone know if there is such a thing? He wants to charge me a lot and told me my whole needs to be repainted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my gosh, thank you for telling me that. I full on thought this guy was full of crap 'cause I'm a girl and know very little about cars. Anway, I just washed it today and didn't notice any rust. Although there is a different spot that has been there since I went into the ditch that is the size of a marker tip. It looks like a rock chip to me though.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
when you get "paint chips" alot of people do not realize that water will now "seep" and get under the paint---now when that happens it can begin to rust under your paint--aka "cancer"----water is a muther---if it can break apart rocks over time imagine what it can do to paint--and if you live where it gets really cold in can get under your paint and then freeze and split open your paint as it pulls away from the metal---------peace

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The paint isn't bubbling or cracking or pealing...but ya'll are freakin' me out. I will take some pictures and get them developed asap. I honestly didn't think it was a big deal up until I had to have it inspected.
How much is too much for a regular paint job?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by sven@Nov 11 2003, 11:10 PM
Oh my gosh, thank you for telling me that. I full on thought this guy was full of crap 'cause I'm a girl and know very little about cars. Anway, I just washed it today and didn't notice any rust. Although there is a different spot that has been there since I went into the ditch that is the size of a marker tip. It looks like a rock chip to me though.
a girlie hey................... :biggrin:

dont forget to post some pick of yourself......... :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts