LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:biggrin:
the car runs and drives like the title says. the car is a yeoman but comes with all the nomad trim. car has brand new tires and rims off a 2002 s-10 truck. brand new brakes thru out. gas tank has been cleaned and reinstalled. brand new clutch. the engine is a inline 6. with all new plugs and wiring. the interior needs to be redone. car is ready for paint. is in yellow primer at the moment. car is extremely solid for its age. the frame is canadian. car comes with alot of NOS chrome.
will be driven up to the local HOT ROD NATIONALS up in louisville KENTUCKY the first week in august.
the first $10,500 takes it. car is worth much more than this. emergency is reason for sale.
IF anyone is interested in buying before then please post on the tread or PM me.
the photo on the post is before it was in primer and is the only one i have available as of right now. here in a couple days i can get a few more added.
ITS A 2-DOOR 58!!!!!!

does anyone know the production number for this wagon?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,351 Posts
Originally posted by LowRollinJo$h@Jul 26 2005, 04:58 PM
:biggrin:
the car runs and drives like the title says. the car is a yeoman but comes with all the nomad trim. car has brand new tires and rims off a 2002 s-10 truck. brand new brakes thru out. gas tank has been cleaned and reinstalled. brand new clutch. the engine is a inline 6. with all new plugs and wiring. the interior needs to be redone. car is ready for paint. is in yellow primer at the moment. car is extremely solid for its age. the frame is canadian. car comes with alot of NOS chrome.
will be driven up to the local HOT ROD NATIONALS up in louisville KENTUCKY the first week in august.
the first $10,500 takes it. car is worth much more than this. emergency is reason for sale.
IF anyone is interested in buying before then please post on the tread or PM me.
the photo on the post is before it was in primer and is the only one i have available as of right now. here in a couple days i can get a few more added.
ITS A 2-DOOR 58!!!!!!

does anyone know the production number for this wagon?
[snapback]3484233[/snapback]​

those cars are worth a pretty penny.... i coulda had one for 800 in a lil bit better condition.. really wish i wouldnt have passed that deal up.. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah we have been told many prices that are up there on this car. like i said i have been told that it is really rare. for a car to be in better shape than this it would have to be perfect because this car is in great shape for being a 58.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
64,662 Posts
Originally posted by LowRollinJo$h@Jul 26 2005, 06:40 PM
yeah we have been told many prices that are up there on this car.  like i said i have been told that it is really rare.  for a car to be in better shape than this it would have to be perfect because this car is in great shape for being a 58.
[snapback]3486168[/snapback]​
the fenders r no good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Jul 26 2005, 06:46 PM
the fenders r no good
[snapback]3486215[/snapback]​
the fender's are good. the top's of the fenders are a little thin but usable. if you wanted you could just buy a replacement clip for them. besides that the fenders are in great shape. they are not rotted in the typical lower part near the rocker, where the fender brace collects moister and dirt which rots the fenders out. these are rust free.

just for information shakes i'm going to give a little more information about the car since i have no photos at the time.

NOTE: the photo of the wagon on this thread is before anything was done to it and many parts that go to it was still in the truck. example: extra trim, fender's, nuts and bolts, ect.
the rear quaters are rust free and straight. apparently the wagon was stored in a garage for many years or at least that is what i was told and i believe. the inner rockers are solid. all glass is clear and crisp except for two. the passangers wing glass and the driver's side pane glass is cracked. the rear seat is usable and appears to have traveled thru a time warp. the front seat is the typical "needs to be reupholstered seat."
all the lights work perfectly. nice and bright. turn sigals,brake lights,high beams. heck 3 out of the 4 headlights are the original T-3 lights!!!! common people.
the floor pans are the worst part of the car. the pans appear to be thin at one point of time and repaired by means of rivet's and sheetmetal overtop of the original pans. the sheet metal seems to be still good but the original's are toast. all interior trim is in the car and seems fine. the dash works! gas guage and headlight switch and all the other light's and button's the stereo seems to come on but i can not find a station with it. thinking it may be the speaker.
all windows roll up and down. all the door's lock and work fine. the body on the wagon is extremely tight. "example being" you can open both doors......let them go....the weight of the door will allow the door to close and latch itself.no need to slam or forcing the doors shut. the original headliner is still attached in the car. i recommend it to be replaced because it is just now starting to sag a little on the edge's. the wagon was equipped with brand new exhuast from front to back all professionally done and tig welded. super quite. all brake lines were also replaced along with wheel cylinders.

DOES anyone know the production numbers for this wagon? the general production number for ALL 2-door wagons is 16,590.
meaning that this one is a yeoman...it should be considerably less.
~JO$H~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,376 Posts
neat car & rare but that dont mean a lot 66 delta 88 convertable i got is one of 1600 made & i cant get $600 bucks for it & for rust its soild good luck on wagon its neat car just hooked a buddy up with a 58 2 door post up here running & driving great 350/350 & a lot of mud in body & scary floors but was $1250 best i can see that wagon going for is mid 5-6K good luck on a neat car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
way to cheap for that 2 door post. or at least in my opinion. yea we had a 66 buick skylark once also. it was a great driver and went to car shows. interior was good and paint was awesome. orange and boat flake but i was not able to get a grand out of it. ended up trading it for a 63 impala. you lose some or win some.

i was able to get out today a take a pic.

after the primer was layed on a small dent was apparent on the driver's side rocker. a easy fix with the stud welder. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,376 Posts
now that pic makes it look nice might have to change my guess up to bout 10k at least hope you can get that but bet any sort of mag slots cragars keystones would look better then them maro wheels but just my option hell some 13 wires.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,504 Posts
i would have left it in bare metal. most will see the primer as a cover job or a quick fix to drive the price up. most people are going to take it back down, so going to give them some added work. nice car, but a clean project yeoman running tends to bring about 4500-7500
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,504 Posts
hopefully if someone really wants it on here and offers you a good price youll take it. like seeing these cars done. heres a project that was sold in the range i spoke of earlier
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Jul 27 2005, 10:01 PM
i would have left it in bare metal. most will see the primer as a cover job or a quick fix to drive the price up. most people are going to take it back down, so going to give them some added work. nice car, but a clean project yeoman running tends to bring about 4500-7500
[snapback]3493260[/snapback]​

This is probably the case :0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,504 Posts
id take as many red ones like that as you had for 10k :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that red one is more like $20,000-$30,000 ride in my eyes. that thing is clean.

I've already had a couple people come down to my place localy and they all said i;m pricing the wagon way to cheap. all stated that if they had it they would be pricing it between $12,000-18,000. :dunno:
I just want $10,500. thats all.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top