LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 591 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought this '59 in May and just got it running and cut the coils and put new 185/75's on it. From what the previous owner tells me, it has been sitting in garages for 30 years(not been driven) and I believe it. The underdash A/C works great, all lights work, and excellent trim. It is all original with the 283 and Powerglide.
So far, here is what we have done:
-rebuild master cylinder and wheel cylinders
-clean up all trim(as much as possible)
-build a new package tray
-polish OG hubcaps and put some small white walls on
-cut a couple ;) coils in the rear
-have the carb completely rebuilt
-replace the broken taillight lenses with some nice OG ones

The current plan for the chassis and suspension:
-replace all body pucks
-fix any "weak"/rusty spots in floor
-3 sided wrap on the original frame
-rebuild front end(new bushings, etc...)
-extend uppers about an inch or so
-build a wishbone or y-bone for the rear
-install a Ted Wells setup(2 Pesco 280's, 3 Oil Systems dumps, 2 Oxygen tanks, slowdowns, returns, etc...) :biggrin:
-body color battery and pump racks

Plan for the body:
-OG "satin beige" color on the body with "gothic gold" on the wings, quarter stripes and top and pillars
-some of my pinstriping

Setup:
-2 pump aircraft setup
-8' strokes up front with 16'' strokes in the rear( non coilovers)
-1 ton precuts (may have to be heavier for 3 wheeling)
-shocks front and rear
-36 volts per bank(6 batts total)
-4 switches(front/back/corner/corner)

Things still left to accomplish:
-ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

Here are the pics: (first one is when I just got it....way too high)

·
Registered
184 Posts
looking good keep it going

·
Still Blazin'
10,414 Posts
looks really good homie what kind of wheels where you thinking about putting on it :0 hey is that white troka yours to looks good :cool:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. The truck is mine, it's a '53. For the wheels I am going to keep the OG ones for a really old school look. But I do want some 13" reversed K/O wires. The ultimate would be a set of 72 spoke X lace Zeniths.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey SIX1RAG. Thanks. I'm just waiting for the weather to break so I can cruise the Camino again......Actually I just want to get the '59 in the air in the garage so we can do a 3 sided wrap. Got any ideas of how to jack the whole car about 2 to 3 feet off the ground (safely)????I know we can make tall jackstands but how to jack it up.......?

·
למה אני &#1506
13,351 Posts
Originally posted by FoxCustom@Dec 31 2008, 12:32 PM~12568913
Hey SIX1RAG. Thanks. I'm just waiting for the weather to break so I can cruise the Camino again......Actually I just want to get the '59 in the air in the garage so we can do a 3 sided wrap. Got any ideas of how to jack the whole car about 2 to 3 feet off the ground (safely)????I know we can make tall jackstands but how to jack it up.......?
honestly i would just pull the frame off, its less time consuming and you can get everything done right. Its not that bad believe me, ive done it enuf times. As for jacking it up 3ft or so, i would jack the front up and the back a little at a time, (not at the same time) until you get to the height your looking for. Then as far as keeping it at that level, maybe fab up some workable horses and your in business. :cool: good luck on the project maybe ill see you riding this summer, my rag wont be out but my Lincoln shood be :biggrin:

·
למה אני &#1506
13,351 Posts
Originally posted by FoxCustom@Dec 31 2008, 01:15 PM~12569317
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I'll see you around for sure. I hope to have the '59 out by the summer.
its nice i like it, not big on four doors but its cool :cool:

·
Still Blazin'
10,414 Posts
Originally posted by FoxCustom@Dec 31 2008, 05:49 AM~12567938
Thanks. The truck is mine, it's a '53. For the wheels I am going to keep the OG ones  for a really  old school look. But I do want some 13" reversed K/O wires. The ultimate would be a set of 72 spoke X lace Zeniths.
Nice my pops gots a 53 to. how about some tru spokes :0

·
Still Blazin'
10,414 Posts
Originally posted by FoxCustom@Dec 31 2008, 01:57 PM~12570844
I would definently go with TruSpokes too :biggrin:
:0 :cool:

·
...The .FIFTYH8ER CREW...
6,961 Posts
Originally posted by FoxCustom@Dec 30 2008, 06:17 PM~12563409

Plan for the body:
-OG "satin beige" color on the body with "gothic gold" on the wings, quarter stripes and top and pillars
-some of my pinstriping

Let see some pics...

1 - 20 of 591 Posts