got an N.O.S. set of 1960 rear bumper guards up 4 grabs

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
got a 59 ragtop frame up for grabs if you need a dry frame

·
Registered
3 Posts
When were on the subject of this visor it just crossed my mind that I did a little research on a 59 about two years ago.
Its a bit of reading but bare with me on this one.

It all started after I had gone thru a bunch of old Swedish classic car magazines, I started by sorting out the ones I liked and there was espescially one that caught my attention more then others.

The report in the magazine focused on a 1959 Chevy Impala Lowrider that was imported to Finland from San Francisco around 1989-1990, this was the first thing that caught my attention since I like 59´s and Lowriders. What made it even more interesting to me was that the car belonged to a couple with Swedish-ringing names that came from a town in Finland not far from where my mother grew up.
I have alot of family in Finland so I called up my cousins and asked if they could help me track this car, after a few days they called me back and told me that the woman in the magazine still was the owner of the car! And they even hooked me up with her phone # and adress.

This was about two years ago and I figured I will wait until next summer when I usually go to Finland and visit my family and then I will contact the owner of the car.
About 6 months later Im in Finland on vacation and I decided to make the call...Belive me I felt like a stalker, how do you explain that you just read a 20 year old magazine about a car and now you want to come and check it out?

Anyhow, I presented myself and explained the whole thing and she was pretty cool about it and told me that I could come and check it out in two days.
After two days I went and bought cinnamon buns and doughnuts and headed out to Vasa wich is a city close by to where my Family lives, about one hour later I pulled up by her house and there it was.

I rang the doorbell and she opened and we agreed to drink a cup of coffee in the garden next to the 59 so she could show me the car and tell me about it.
I pulled out the camera right away aftar asking if it was cool if I took pics of it.

While drinking coffee I started asking away, first thing I asked was if it still had Hydraulics?
It didnt, Hydraulics is illegal in Finland and one way around it is to have Classic car (30 years or older) cause you only need to take it to the car inspection once in a two-year period. She told me that they had rolled with the hydraulics the first summer after inspection, during the following winter they took it out and replaced it with stock suspension to pass the car inspection.

After she had separated from her husband she just kept it stock.

Here´s a few more pics of the ride.

Here´s Paula with her 59.

It was really nice meeting her and getting the chance to check out her cool 59!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed in the article Mexican Style there really wasn’t any information on the original owner who restored 1959 Chevy impala to its current state. This car was originally owned and restored by my brother. This car is originally from Redwood City, Califorina. I remember growing up and watching the countless hours days & years it took my brother to restore the car to its current state. It was featured in Lowrider magazine throughout the bay area and was shown in car shows from San Jose through San Francisco area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When were on the subject of this visor it just crossed my mind that I did a little research on a 59 about two years ago.
Its a bit of reading but bare with me on this one.

It all started after I had gone thru a bunch of old Swedish classic car magazines, I started by sorting out the ones I liked and there was espescially one that caught my attention more then others.

The report in the magazine focused on a 1959 Chevy Impala Lowrider that was imported to Finland from San Francisco around 1989-1990, this was the first thing that caught my attention since I like 59´s and Lowriders. What made it even more interesting to me was that the car belonged to a couple with Swedish-ringing names that came from a town in Finland not far from where my mother grew up.
I have alot of family in Finland so I called up my cousins and asked if they could help me track this car, after a few days they called me back and told me that the woman in the magazine still was the owner of the car! And they even hooked me up with her phone # and adress.

This was about two years ago and I figured I will wait until next summer when I usually go to Finland and visit my family and then I will contact the owner of the car.
About 6 months later Im in Finland on vacation and I decided to make the call...Belive me I felt like a stalker, how do you explain that you just read a 20 year old magazine about a car and now you want to come and check it out?

Anyhow, I presented myself and explained the whole thing and she was pretty cool about it and told me that I could come and check it out in two days.
After two days I went and bought cinnamon buns and doughnuts and headed out to Vasa wich is a city close by to where my Family lives, about one hour later I pulled up by her house and there it was.

I rang the doorbell and she opened and we agreed to drink a cup of coffee in the garden next to the 59 so she could show me the car and tell me about it.
I pulled out the camera right away aftar asking if it was cool if I took pics of it.

While drinking coffee I started asking away, first thing I asked was if it still had Hydraulics?
It didnt, Hydraulics is illegal in Finland and one way around it is to have Classic car (30 years or older) cause you only need to take it to the car inspection once in a two-year period. She told me that they had rolled with the hydraulics the first summer after inspection, during the following winter they took it out and replaced it with stock suspension to pass the car inspection.

After she had separated from her husband she just kept it stock.

Here´s a few more pics of the ride.

Here´s Paula with her 59.

It was really nice meeting her and getting the chance to check out her cool 59!

I noticed in the article Mexican Style there really wasn’t any information on the original owner who restored 1959 Chevy impala to its current state. This car was originally owned and restored by my brother. This car is originally from Redwood City, Califorina. I remember growing up and watching the countless hours days & years it took my brother to restore the car to its current state. It was featured in Lowrider magazine throughout the bay area and was shown in car shows from San Jose through San Francisco area.

10941 - 10951 of 10951 Posts