LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TO FOR BATTERY HOLD DOWNS ARE YOU JUST USING THE FACTORY BATTERY TRAY WITH A MODIFIED HOLD DOWN OR BUILDING SOMETHING CUSTOM OFF THE CORE SUPPORT ANY PICS WOULD BE GLADLY APPRCIATED IF POSTED I HAVE A FEW IDEAS IN MIND BUT THOUGHT I WOULD ASK YOU ALL OH YA HI ADAM :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
i have fabricated a custom batterie tray and hold down cuz the og one is weak as fuck on those, no pics yet... just be careful so you get the fender wall to fit after you've done some reinforcements cuz it's pretty tight there...

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
just put it in the trunk. thats the easiest thing to do plus saves you 70lbs up front. or just run it off the first battery in your series for your hydros

·
Registered
246 Posts
Originally posted by impalapartz@Jan 8 2004, 05:32 AM
just put it in the trunk. thats the easiest thing to do plus saves you 70lbs up front. or just run it off the first battery in your series for your hydros
Has anyone tried this???

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
i would not run it to the first batterie in the series, but putting it in the trunk is a good way to go about it. i prefered to keep the starter batterie under the hood myselfe...

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
Originally posted by impalasonly+Jan 8 2004, 05:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impalasonly @ Jan 8 2004, 05:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--impalapartz@Jan 8 2004, 05:32 AM
just put it in the trunk.  thats the easiest thing to do plus saves you 70lbs up front.  or just run it off the first battery in your series for your hydros
Has anyone tried this???[/b][/quote]
my friend did it no problem, drag racers do it a lot, you can even buy a kit for it through summit racing i think

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by Thongdee@Jan 8 2004, 03:01 PM
I maded a new one from 1/4" iron ....
it's not the trey it selfe that breaks, it's the coresupport, making the trey in 1/4" will only put even more stress on it cuz it's like 3-4 times as heavy.
the coresupport's the part that need reinforcements, you need to spread out the stress from the trey to a wider area to keep it from caving in...

·
Registered
285 Posts
That's what I did , the coresupport maded from 1/4" and the middel I left open , so the batteri rest on the corners of the welded L brackets

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Thongdee@Jan 8 2004, 11:21 PM
That's what I did , the coresupport maded from 1/4" and the middel I left open , so the batteri rest on the corners of the welded L brackets
u have any pics is your car a hopper??

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by Thongdee@Jan 9 2004, 08:21 AM
yeah that sounds more like it! ;)

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Bungee cord.

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
i mounted mine under the rack using an optima yellow top with a rear kill switch, for extra security

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by 64 og qld@Oct 21 2005, 04:09 AM~4043927
i put mine behind the glovebox :0
:0

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also are you guys useing the factory motor mount brakets that bolt to the frame or are you making you own solid ones like out of box tube i've seen it done both ways hell i've done it both styles but figured i would ask the rest what thay have done and the pros and cons of it

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by BIGTONY@Oct 21 2005, 06:09 PM~4048815
Also are you guys useing the factory motor mount brakets that bolt to the frame or are you making you own solid ones like out of box tube i've seen it done both ways hell i've done it both styles but figured i would ask the rest what thay have done and the pros and cons of it
???????

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by BIGTONY@Oct 21 2005, 06:09 PM~4048815
??????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts