LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recenly finished this Lindberg convertible. has green flocking with tamiya paint, gold wires, 4 pumps, 8 batteries, 2 amps. also had to cut the trunk out. I might foil it, but who knows.:dunno:

This kit got a :thumbsdown: from me. Firewall didn't fit (left it out) and the hood wouldn't close with the air cleaner on. Just seemed that nothing else properly lined up.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
LOOKS GOOD. FOIL WOULD BE THE ICING ON THE CAKE. HEY IS THIS THE 61 FROM A LONG TIME AGO? I REMEMBER SOMEONE POSTED A 61 THAT WAS THIS COLOR? IF IT WAS YOU I BELEIVE YOU ASKED ABOUT THE PAINT.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by Models IV Life@Sep 29 2003, 12:03 PM
LOOKS GOOD. FOIL WOULD BE THE ICING ON THE CAKE. HEY IS THIS THE 61 FROM A LONG TIME AGO? I REMEMBER SOMEONE POSTED A 61 THAT WAS THIS COLOR? IF IT WAS YOU I BELEIVE YOU ASKED ABOUT THE PAINT.
I agree, I am fininshing my hard top and the foil is making all the difference, although it is taking 2 days to do LOL

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
Originally posted by dag65+Sep 29 2003, 12:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dag65 @ Sep 29 2003, 12:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Models IV Life@Sep 29 2003, 12:03 PM
I agree, I am fininshing my hard top and the foil is making all the difference, although it is taking 2 days to do LOL[/b][/quote]
i saw this tuff at rag shop..it was silver foiling stuff..it came in a long ass sheet but didnt say it was for models?? would it work

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
Originally posted by AZ WAR CHIEF@Sep 29 2003, 12:39 PM
ITS PRETTY GOOD I LIKE IT I GOT THE SAME MODEL KIT HERES A PICTURE OF MY UNDERCARRIAGE IM STILL PAINTING THE BODY

damn taht bitch is clean too!!! how did u put it together after u plated it?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Originally posted by trikeboy666+Sep 29 2003, 01:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trikeboy666 @ Sep 29 2003, 01:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--AZ WAR CHIEF@Sep 29 2003, 12:39 PM
ITS PRETTY GOOD I LIKE IT I GOT THE SAME MODEL KIT HERES A PICTURE OF MY UNDERCARRIAGE IM STILL PAINTING THE BODY

damn taht bitch is clean too!!! how did u put it together after u plated it?[/b][/quote]
I GOT THE WHOLE KIT PLATED CHROME AND I GOT THE MAIN PIECE THEN MASKED OFF THE X FRAME ON IT AND THE GAS TANK THEN AIRBRUSHED THE METALIC BLUE PAINT ON AFTER I BASED IT. THEN I PUT IT TOGETHER WITH CLEAR EXPOXY THE BAD THING WHEN I GOT IT BACK FROM THE PLATERS THE FRAME GOT WRAPTED LIKE IT MELTED A LITTLE

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Originally posted by AZ WAR CHIEF+Sep 29 2003, 03:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AZ WAR CHIEF @ Sep 29 2003, 03:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2003, 01:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--AZ WAR CHIEF
@Sep 29 2003, 12:39 PM

damn taht bitch is clean too!!! how did u put it together after u plated it?
I GOT THE WHOLE KIT PLATED CHROME AND I GOT THE MAIN PIECE THEN MASKED OFF THE X FRAME ON IT AND THE GAS TANK THEN AIRBRUSHED THE METALIC BLUE PAINT ON AFTER I BASED IT. THEN I PUT IT TOGETHER WITH CLEAR EXPOXY THE BAD THING WHEN I GOT IT BACK FROM THE PLATERS THE FRAME GOT WRAPTED LIKE IT MELTED A LITTLE[/b][/quote]
that frame looks pretty good who did that platting for you?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
IN WEST SIDE PHOENIX THEIR WAS A HOBBY STORE THAT SPECIALIZED IN LOWRIDER HOBBIES CALLED CITY LIFE HOBBIES I WOULD GO THEIR AND GET MY PARTS PLATED AND BUY CANDY PAINT BUT I GOT THIS MODEL A LONG TIME AGO AND NOW THAT HOBBY STORE CLOSED OUT OF BUSINESS I GUESS

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Models IV Life@Sep 29 2003, 02:03 PM
I just hate doing foil, it's so tedious and time consuming. :uh: but i will eventually. And that wasn't me asking about the paint, but i did post a pic of my 61 on that post.

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Originally posted by AZ WAR CHIEF@Sep 29 2003, 04:50 PM
IN WEST SIDE PHOENIX THEIR WAS A HOBBY STORE THAT SPECIALIZED IN LOWRIDER HOBBIES CALLED CITY LIFE HOBBIES I WOULD GO THEIR AND GET MY PARTS PLATED AND BUY CANDY PAINT BUT I GOT THIS MODEL A LONG TIME AGO AND NOW THAT HOBBY STORE CLOSED OUT OF BUSINESS I GUESS
i use to do mail order through them...

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 29 2003, 09:13 AM
Just recenly finished this Lindberg convertible. has green flocking with tamiya paint, gold wires, 4 pumps, 8 batteries, 2 amps. also had to cut the trunk out. I might foil it, but who knows.:dunno:
that fucker is BAD ASS!!!!! i aint even bullshitting you man. :thumbsup:

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
That undercarriage is cold! Can't wait to see the done car! And the green 61 vert is the shiznit! I love the color scheme on any car and am thinking bout puting it on my bike! Nice job guys! Can't wait to see Ray's 61 when it's done. Taking longer than expected because his instructions was forgotten about and it's just now getting in the mail today. The tickles the stuff out of me... He he He... :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Damn you Mike!!!! lol its cool man ;)

was that a 61? i thought it was a 62 :dunno: its been put away for awhile.... not even sure exactly where its at. lol

i recently got 5 more of the 61 lindbergs... all hardtops though :tears: guess i'm just gonna have to hack the top of off yet another one so i can get going on this project :biggrin:

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Sep 30 2003, 05:10 AM
Damn you Mike!!!! lol its cool man ;)

was that a 61? i thought it was a 62 :dunno: its been put away for awhile.... not even sure exactly where its at. lol

i recently got 5 more of the 61 lindbergs... all hardtops though :tears: guess i'm just gonna have to hack the top of off yet another one so i can get going on this project :biggrin:
Yep it's a 61. And where did you find 5 more lindberg hardtops? Were they regular ones of Don Nicholson? I know I gave you a regular one with extra DOn Nicholson parts I think. But anywayz I wanna post mine. Mines is black with green to purple flip flop flkae but not enough for a solid collor, just enought so it's really falked out, black hh MC wires, vogue tires, a chromed out 327 from the 64 impala lowrider, silver and cold combo exterior trim, and a black and white interior with 59 caddy tail lights. Not too bad of a car but now the best either. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts