LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 62 Bel Air 4 door that I have been considering juicing. I very familiar with air ride but have always wanted a juiced ride.. Couple of general questions that I am sure most of you would know off the top of your heads but I have no clue about.

1) What type of set up or kit would you use on this sort of car? I do not want to hop I would like the car to lay out but I would also like to 3 wheel.. Will I have to chain the rear to get it to throw a 3??
2) what kind of suspension mods will I need to do? I know with bags its a matter of mounting a plate but with juice how do I keep the cylinder in place on the top and the bottom? Do I need to redo the whole suspension set up or can I just build new link bars and keep the other factory comps in place?
3) Wrapping the frame.. This i dread... What points to I need to focus on? Are their weaker points on parts of the frame?

Help a brother out.. Precaite all the help

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
a two pump set up would be fine four batterys will get you by but 8 would be best as far as wraping the frame a full wrap would be best if it where just up and down say at 24 or 36 volts you would be ok with out wraping the frame but three wheeling can put a lot of stress on the frame its alright if you want to do it every now and then but the more you do it the more you will notice body panels will not line up doors will note close like they did and body panels will have waves where they didnt basicly its all in how long do you want to have the car

1 - 2 of 2 Posts