LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we cut out the quarters due to some sickening bodywork, done over top of some old old "good" work done by different people by far. replacing the quarters, floors, and trunk pans, looking for a good set of wheelhouses for it as well.

before bracing, car measured within 1/16" of being square. not bad for being driven in hard on the right side by a pole ... the metal came back an easy 1/4" due to stress still being on the metal. more pics coming soon. this car is going back solid! :cool:

·
Still Blazin'
10,414 Posts
damn i like those supremes bro. but what kind of wheels you thinkning of putting on it. :cool:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Big_Vato23@Sep 23 2007, 10:21 PM~8855442
damn i like those supremes bro.  but what kind of wheels you thinkning of putting on it. :cool:
thanx homie i'm thinkin about some new center caps and bullet lugs and rollin them still, with new 155/80s .... or just get some colorspokes from Keef so i can finalize a color scheme :biggrin:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pissed me off that steel went up, shit was 1x1 x1/8" and $1 a foot. well, $75 invested in keeping the car from falling on itself was well worth the cash.,

·
Still Blazin'
10,414 Posts
Originally posted by GrandPrixOnThree@Sep 23 2007, 08:36 PM~8855585
pissed me off that steel went up, shit was 1x1 x1/8" and $1 a foot. well, $75 invested in keeping the car from falling on itself was well worth the cash.,

:yes:

Originally posted by GrandPrixOnThree@Sep 23 2007, 08:35 PM~8855561
thanx homie i'm thinkin about some new center caps and bullet lugs and rollin them still, with new 155/80s .... or just get some colorspokes from Keef so i can finalize a color scheme  :biggrin:
nice. I'm going to call my homie to see if he can find some supremes for my monte :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
damn you pick that thing up from my hood??? canada!!LOL they all rusty out here bro, great start, looks like your gonna do it right, good luck on the project bro, and good choice, 62's are mighty fine!!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Sep 23 2007, 11:01 PM~8855833
damn you pick that thing up from my hood??? canada!!LOL they all rusty out here bro, great start, looks like your gonna do it right, good luck on the project bro, and good choice, 62's are mighty fine!!!!
this came from Tennessee, rear setup had telltale tubing welded on lowers, had to be old school coilunder and never 3'd. got it from classickustoms. he does metal work, but i do hope he didnt touch this car. it had a nice metalflake blue paint job and was driven down in pensacola florida maybe 5 yrs ago. older bodywork shows some work done and the panels replaced were ate up more than the rest of the car. tons of mud! but its going back right. :cool:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we decided to make out OWN inner rocker panels. those flat replacements are SHIT. we even made the middle Z shaped brace that runs the full length too. NICE and strong!!!made the inners with 3 pieces of wood as a jig, and braked the Z inners :biggrin:

ROT SUCKS

more to come,we ran outta gas on the welder.... ;)

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
NICE :cool:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
puttin in more metal... right side inner rocker and Z brace and floor pan braces... :biggrin:

plus installing a 63-4 wheelhouse... and new box braces as well.

this shit is going back SOLID! no cuttin corners.....

·
Premium Member
15,658 Posts
SKIM WILL BE PROUD OF YOU :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by GrandPrixOnThree@Sep 23 2007, 09:06 PM~8855849
this came from Tennessee, rear setup had telltale tubing welded on lowers, had to be old school coilunder and never 3'd. got it from classickustoms. he does metal work, but i do hope he didnt touch this car. it had a nice metalflake blue paint job and was driven down in pensacola florida maybe 5 yrs ago. older bodywork shows some work done and the panels replaced were ate up more than the rest of the car.  tons of mud! but its going back right.  :cool:
:uh: . never touched it bro. good luck on your build, if there is anything i can help you with just let me know. :cool:

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
Originally posted by GrandPrixOnThree@Oct 2 2007, 08:12 PM~8918807
we decided to make out OWN inner  rocker panels. those flat replacements are SHIT. we even made the middle Z shaped brace that runs the full length too. NICE and strong!!!made the inners with 3 pieces of wood as a jig, and braked the Z inners  :biggrin:

more to come,we ran outta gas on the welder....  ;)
is that galvanized? peices look good btw :cool:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Originally posted by supreme@Jan 24 2008, 06:04 AM~9770695
nice work :biggrin:
x2

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thx guys... actually YES it is galvanized sheet metal.. scored a piece 80x40 for $30 and it was just enough! cant do any work now, its like 8 fucking degrees outside. cant wait for a break in this weather. shit its never been so cold as far as i can remember. usually this time of year its 50ish and people are still on motorcycles!

I have the flat repro inner rockers for sale for $50 and shipping for the pair! also looks like I might have me an LT1 mid 90s swap going in.....

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by GrandPrixOnThree@Jan 25 2008, 11:19 AM~9779948

repro inner rockers for sale for $50 and shipping for the pair!
and thats considering if the inner rockers weren't on back order ..
where were you ordering these thou ..

1 - 20 of 138 Posts