LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i traded a minitruck for this 62.......she needs alot of work but i have always wanted one so im ready to give her a face lift........... ill post more pics when i start it

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i honestly dont know where imma start with this thing but definitly needs a body off. the frame by the back bumper like 2 feet in is crappy so hopefully i can save it.....ill post more when i get a chance...........

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks imma need luck.....ive never had a car this old before....im just glad i got 1 of my dream cars...................

heres what i traded.........................

and here it is before it got taken apart

im sure you guys dont care what i traded but hey i got sumptin i always wanted...................and got rid of sumptin that was just takin up space

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
Originally posted by 214monte@Oct 15 2007, 12:03 AM~8998734
:thumbsup: I got my 62 not to long ago too
me too. the best year hands down :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
your tucked looked nice...i woudlnt' have traded it for something that was on its way to the scrape yard. Instead i would have just offered him like $50 cause thats all he would have gotten for the scrap guy anyways.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i know the truck was ok. that was another that was goin to go to the junkyard and i got it for next to nuttin.....all the truck needed was a motor which i already had...

if the frame isnt that great imma try to find another one....anyone know what year impala frame would work is it 61 to 64 or what ? i dont know much about these cars just always seen them in lowrider magazine............................

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
Originally posted by sixwheelinmazda@Oct 14 2007, 10:22 PM~9001340
ya i know the truck was ok.  that was another that was goin to go to the junkyard and i got it for next to nuttin.....all the truck needed was a motor  which i already had...
if the frame isnt that great imma try to find another one....anyone know what year impala frame would work  is it 61 to 64 or what ?  i dont know much about these cars just always seen them in lowrider magazine............................

Best bet man is find a donor cheap 62 4 door car, use the frame and you will be able to use many good parts like the whole front clip etc. And to answer your question, 61 thru 64 hard top frames the same, 2 door hard top and 4 door is the same. Good luck on your project! ;)

·
Registered
813 Posts
NICE PROJECT GOOD TO SEE EM GET SAVED FROM THE CRUSHER.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Skim@Oct 14 2007, 11:53 PM~9002220
Best bet man is find a donor cheap 62 4 door car, use the frame and you will be able to use many good parts like the whole front clip etc. And to answer your question, 61 thru 64 hard top frames the same, 2 door hard top and 4 door is the same. Good luck on your project!  ;)

ya imma look around the junkyards here....i know for sure of 1 that has one but i have to check it out first......

i found a frame on ebay for $600 thats without shipping.......dunno what kinda price is good but im sure good impala parts are gunna be pricey....thats ok it will be worth it....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Iceman4242@Oct 15 2007, 12:58 AM~9002581
Good luck in getting back on the road, I am working on a 64 it has been a long project but I continue on.

imma need luck and lots of money..lol......this is goin to be a long project too cause i want everything to be right...... ive decided that the car is goin to sit for winter so i can get my 84 cutlass done which it is half done right now then i can sell that and start the impala...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i got this from a guy at work which after droppin git off i know not to trust sumones word........i asked alot of questions and he made it soun dlike it was a cherry ride.........of course when it got here the bumper was hangin down along with some of the frame back there...i could have gone to look at it but that was a 5hr. drive i didnt want to make especially when my truck gets like 10 miles to the gallon i swear.....as soon as winter is over the cutlass should be done then i can start the 62 impala...so ill post more when i get it out again..................................

i was hoppin to have the only 62 impala (to be lowrided) around here but this past weekend i found one at a auto place but what the guy wants for it is way more than i can get...ill try to find pics of it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
heres the one thats for sale here in eastern wisconsin....i like to go look at this one cause it gets me more motivated for when i start mine........i believe he wants $16,000.....i guess he thinks its worth more because some green bay packer owned it...i dunno which one neither.....nice car though....

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
Originally posted by sixwheelinmazda@Oct 15 2007, 05:08 AM~9003188
i found a frame on ebay for $600  thats without shipping.......
WAY TOO MUCH MONEY

I would never pay over $300-$400 for a complete rolling frame with rear end and all.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts