LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

321 - 340 of 530 Posts

·
LINCOLN OWNERS
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
well didnt get the fenders I needed becouse instead of just buying two used tires for the meantime I ended up buying a whole set of nearly new so I have all matching tires at least and with nearly new tread. Ill get them mounted next week and get all the wheels on as well:thumbsup:

·
LINCOLN OWNERS
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
ok well ive been doing small things here and there just test fitting parts etc etc... did manage to final y buy some tires for my wheels picked up a set of new goodyear 205/70/15 wich came out to be the same height as the original wheel and tire combo so im happy with that. But apon installing my rear wheels I found a new problem the extra width of the 8.8 axle makes my tire scrub the inside of the outside of the rear inner fender (say that three times fast...lol ) so Im going to cut out part of my quarter or the whole quarter (depends on my current mood that day) and re do the outside portion of the inner wheel house so that the tire clears everythig without scrubbing. here are some pics of that

oh I still have to get some lugnutzz for the rear well.... all of the wheels lol

here is the new tire compaired to the stock setup (also if anyone did do this and decided on keeping the stockers they wont have a problem scubing, its just these cragers still have a slight positive offset to them.

also I have to tackle the setback look of the front wheel to the wheelhouse, my plans are to cut the fenders remove from the back 3 inches to set the wheelhouse back some and subseqently add 3 inches to the front to lengthen it.

also this setback is more noticable when the car is lowered if it was still at stock height its almost unnoticable

here is the marks for the cuts

also as an added bonus since im slicin and dicin away at the fenders Im also going to lower the wheelhouse height by 2-3 inches as well by cutting and adding metal above it. Thats marked by the horizontal line above the wheel house, cut there and add the additional metal filler.

next: found me some shocks for the hood hinges the stock lexus shocks wont hold the hood and I recently junked a 91 towncar well when I was loading it up I debo'd the hood struts and with a little drillin went right on!

im hoping to pick up my front wheelhouses this weekend so I can start on them but if not im going to start on the back at least
so while I was bored I slung one of my 99 towncar windo regulators into the drivers door and sorry for the poor picture quality but with minor mods it will bolt in! this will be a major improvement over the original regulators wich in my car are unkown if they even work or not, but never the less now if i have a problem napa here I come!

and here she sits (she does get to sleep in the carport)

till next time!

·
LINCOLN OWNERS
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
moved along faster then I expected on my first fender so I brought it home to check it out so here are some pics of the process so far.

here is the fender cut at all the measured lines I wanted to do, one of the guys at the shop commented that I got to cut every panel on my car at least a few times lol

in this pic I moved the middle portion back 3 inched and lowered it 3 inches leaving the upper gap yet to be filled a few good tack welds and its moving along nicely

here I cut the offending portions off the fender so it looks like a fender kinda now

here I started adding the top portion this is just clamped in right now

here it is all tacked up

some more of it tacked together

so here you go BEFORE:

and AFTER:

that looks ALOT better.. now the portion of the rear of the wheel lip that still is hanging down is going to stay that way becouse I plan on extending the rockers down that far and that will give a nice custom/factory flow to it where it goes down 8)

now I got to weld up this fender and just throw it into primer in the meantime untill I get everythign ready for me to complete my body work

·
LINCOLN OWNERS
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·

·
The Canadian
7,793 Posts
moved along faster then I expected on my first fender so I brought it home to check it out so here are some pics of the process so far.

here is the fender cut at all the measured lines I wanted to do, one of the guys at the shop commented that I got to cut every panel on my car at least a few times lol

in this pic I moved the middle portion back 3 inched and lowered it 3 inches leaving the upper gap yet to be filled a few good tack welds and its moving along nicely

here I cut the offending portions off the fender so it looks like a fender kinda now

here I started adding the top portion this is just clamped in right now

here it is all tacked up

some more of it tacked together

so here you go BEFORE:

and AFTER:

that looks ALOT better.. now the portion of the rear of the wheel lip that still is hanging down is going to stay that way becouse I plan on extending the rockers down that far and that will give a nice custom/factory flow to it where it goes down 8)

now I got to weld up this fender and just throw it into primer in the meantime untill I get everythign ready for me to complete my body work
The amount of bodywork that has gone into and is STILL going into this thing is insane! I like what you did with the front fenders, looks much better and it looks as if they may have came stock lowered 3 inches too. Nice work :thumbsup: :cool:

·
LINCOLN OWNERS
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
thanx homie, with the fender lowered like that when I set it at ride height it will still be slightly tucking some tire, cool thing is that its raised up right now in the picks! :shocked:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
love your fab work man!!!!!!...I would of been totaly overwhelmed with all this work..your ride is looking great,keep it up..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Just came across this build, I'm a sucker for the old conni's too but just way out of my price range, so I had to settle for a scale version,

I like where you went with the modern lincoln setup, I recently just junked my 93 TC of seven years, prior to this build the closet I have seen is swapping the frame from a mid 90s TC into a late model TC

321 - 340 of 530 Posts