LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice!

My 63 impala needs floors, most of the front driver and passenger floors are gone (trunk and rear seat area is ok or intact). My frame was also hit pretty hard it appears on the crossmember right in the middle. I plan to get a new straight frame to put the body on. My question is, what steps should I take? I am concerned if I pull the body off in the condition its in it will twist and bend since the floors are bad. But I was also concerned that the frame it is currently on is bent and if I do replace the floors the alignment will also be off for when I switch to a new frame.

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

·
Registered
47,194 Posts
What is keeping you attached to a car with a bent frame and rusted out panels? Gonna put a whole bunch of money in it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is keeping you attached to a car with a bent frame and rusted out panels? Gonna put a whole bunch of money in it
Im not worried about the money that will be going into the car (that's a given with any project/custom/restoration car). I love seeing classic cars or any car brought back to life from a state where they were thought to be dead or dying. I also enjoy the hunt for parts and knowledge that comes from projects like this. There is a lot of craftsmanship and knowledge that was handed down through generations, especially with impalas and lowriders, which I have always been fond of. I don't mind starting a project from a level where everything needs to be fixed or replaced. To me I rather start there than start from someones half done project or just buying an already finished project of someone else's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
get straight frame

bolt on with new mounts

do floors, remove frame is possible to better be able to do floors then reassemble car

be cruising by sunday.
Great! Thank you for the info. I think that is probably the best road to take.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts