LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my 63 ive been working on. last night i finished doing the BMF so ill post up that. i dont have the chassis for this one cause i had the kit for a while so i used this body to actually test out a paint that i had, but i didnt think it would come out well but it came out better then i excpected. so now i'm thinking about using the 62 chassis for this one. this is the old amt kit so it should fit if not thats y we customize.

i have this old one i built a couple years ago. i was thinking about adding some spokes to it and maybe using a detailed suspension. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK???

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
The paint on that body looks tight. Just leave the other impala alone for memories. Get a new one and go to town on that one!!

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
:0 yo that paint is fuckin sick bro u defenetly should build that up

:cheesy:

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i was thinking about leaving it alone. my other choice was just to put some spokes.

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by drnitrus@Sep 6 2006, 12:45 PM~6116992
The paint on that body looks tight.  Just leave the other impala alone for memories.  Get a new one and go to town on that one!!
yeah i was thinking about leaving it alone. my other choice was just to put some spokes.

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
LOL! I woke up this more and i had dreamed that i was rollin in a 63 hittin 3 wheel and cruzin with my son up and down the strip so i had a parts kit that i got from BIG C and was just going to do a quick build ! Started it today i will finish tommrow and then i pop in here and you are doing 1 also ! Thats just down right KICK ASS! i will get pics of mine up in a few !

·
Registered
819 Posts
Man..that paint job is sick! What brand did you use? Almost looks like a tangerine color! Cant wait to see it finished!

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by SCOOBY SNACKS@Sep 6 2006, 01:18 PM~6117338
408 what color is that an what base did u use
i used a standard grey primer. and the color is BLAZIN COPPER METALLIC from the 2006 MAZDA6. this is a rattle can that i had got extra from LOWPAINT to do some extras on my real car. thats the color my real car was painted.

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Sep 6 2006, 01:16 PM~6117309
LOL! I woke up this more and i had dreamed that i was rollin in a 63 hittin 3 wheel and cruzin with my son up and down the strip so i had a parts kit that i got from BIG C  and was just going to do a quick build ! Started it today i will finish tommrow and then i pop in here and you are doing 1 also ! Thats just down right KICK ASS!  i will get pics of mine up in a few !
can't wait to see your 63.

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by psn8586@Sep 6 2006, 01:31 PM~6117429
LOWPAINT?
its a paint shop here is san jose. i just asked for the BLAZIN COPPER METALLIC and they put it in a spray can. they can put any color in a spray can.

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Blingy76@Sep 6 2006, 01:40 PM~6117500
man that paint job still looks wet. did you clear it if so you layed the clearcoat down smoothe.
yeah it has 3 coats of clear. no wet sanding either.

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Biggs@Sep 7 2006, 09:16 AM~6122659
LOOKING GOOD LIL PRIMO. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. ;)
X-2

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok here it is with some BMF. I went to the hobby store yesterday after work by my house to look for a 62 imp for a chassis, but of course there was none. its sitting on a 64 chassis right now just for looks. ill post more as soon as i find a 62. im going to another shop today.

gotta get anothe 63 for the bumpers also.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts