LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been comin across a few 4dr 64 impalas lately and wanted to know whats all involved makin one a 2dr hardtop. im sure i can get the parts i need, and ive replaced quarter panels and cut off tops before, so im sure i can do it, was just lookin on some input. the one i found last week is damn near a pefect 4-dr, no rust, and everythin still works in it, runnin and driving. but i want a 2dr

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Just buy a 2 dr,not like they're rare?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Swap the body shell (with doors and glass), and the front seat, and you're rollin. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's the easiest way, and it works.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
i seen a 4 door conversion on a 61,,its alot of work,imo not worth it...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
also, 4 door and 2 door Impalas have a completely different roof, unless you're cutting the 4 door roof off, and putting a 2 door roof on (which means you have found and sacrificed a 2 door Impala for your 4 door) you will always be able to tell it's a 4 door. 2 doors have a 'fake' convertible look to them, with two creases in the roof, and a huge B pillar with no post, where 4 doors have one crease (the roof goes flat, and then down on about a 30 degree angle straight to the body), has a post, and a very thin C pillar (the rear roof pillar is a C on the 4 door because of the post being the B pillar)

don't do it

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
with all the money you'll end up spending on the converstion, just SEARCH and drive if you have to for that perfect 2 door. :cool:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aiight, the 2-door sounds like a better buy then, i just had found a 4dr for so cheap thought it was worth it, never looked at the top close tho. i drove back by it and saw what yall were talkin bout. guess i gotta look for a 2 dr now

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
Originally posted by mclover2@Sep 20 2006, 12:27 PM~6210958
aiight, the 2-door sounds like a better buy then, i just had found a 4dr for so cheap thought it was worth it, never looked at the top close tho. i drove back by it and saw what yall were talkin bout. guess i gotta look for a 2 dr now

Good move !

What's your budget?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wasnt tryin to spend more than 800 for the next project. just got into a shop strictly for me n friends to have a place to work, so its all i can afford at the moment. found a 79 coupe deville i like, but really wanted a 63 or 64.
you know of somethin in that price range thats is in or around tx?

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
Originally posted by slo@Sep 21 2006, 05:10 AM~6216261
get the 4 dr, if u cant see your self in it. save them pennies. and get a 2dr.
Thats waisting money.

Look under Dallas.Craigslist.Org, I think there's a few projects 64's.

Here, I'll make it easier for you:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/pts/199111951.html

·
Registered
28,037 Posts
Originally posted by Sin7@Sep 22 2006, 03:18 PM~6225695
Thats waisting money.
Look under Dallas.Craigslist.Org, I think there's a few projects 64's.

Here, I'll make it easier for you:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/pts/199111951.html

:uh:

if the man wants a 4 that bad he will get a 4doe.

converting it over now thats a waste of money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts