LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
looks clean to me, i had a changed about 2 months ago when i bought the car. the first mechanic never said anything about it???

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
i don't know if they still do this, but radiator repair shops used to be able to clean out a tank for a decent price, i haven't had to do this in years though. and there's a company that makes a sealer for the inside of the tank, it might be in the eastwood catalog, if i remember right

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
yea theres a few RAD shops around here thatll pump out all the shit but if its rusted wont i have to replace the whole fuel tank?? i checked a few prices out around here and they said it be around $550 with the strap.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
on a side note, went to the shop to pick up my car and the fucking shit wont even start or crank now. Kinda fucked up cause i dont understand how my car can be in rougher shape now from the time i brought it there??

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Originally posted by kingofdasip@Sep 28 2007, 03:03 AM~8886875
yea theres a few RAD shops around here thatll pump out all the shit but if its rusted wont i have to replace the whole fuel tank?? i checked a few prices out around here and they said it be around $550 with the strap.

where did u see that????? thats a little steep, check out hubbards or sinclairs, impala bobs, or ebay, 550 is way too much

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Originally posted by kingofdasip@Sep 28 2007, 03:05 AM~8886879
on a side note, went to the shop to pick up my car and the fucking shit wont even start or crank now. Kinda fucked up cause i dont understand how my car can be in rougher shape now from the time i brought it there??

is it turning over at all????

check the wires on the firewall like previously stated, and if its turning over and not cranking check ur coil,because i had that problem before, reset your points(or change module if u have HEI),

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
no its not turnin over at all. its fucked cause everythin was workin fine when i brought it to the mechanics and when i was gonna take it home it wudnt start. not even turn over. they said the battery was fucked so i tried jumpin it and nothing. it was pretty much a new battery when i bought the car 3 months ago. how to i access the firewall and all that stuff

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Originally posted by kingofdasip@Oct 1 2007, 11:35 PM~8912363
no its not turnin over at all. its fucked cause everythin was workin fine when i brought it to the mechanics and when i was gonna take it home it wudnt start. not even turn over. they said the battery was fucked so i tried jumpin it and nothing. it was pretty much a new battery when i bought the car 3 months ago. how to i access the firewall and all that stuff

if you have no power at all that sounds like the wires on the firewall.. becasue thats what sends the power to the starter(check the purple wire that goes to the starter solenoid, that is what triggers the starter when you turn the key) and also check the positive wire that is connected at the battery terminal, that send the power the rest of the car!!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey bro my 67 impala was doing the same thing it was vapor locking. My carb had a regular gasket real thin so ordered a thicker gasket for the carb cured the problem cuz those aluminum manifolds get hot. Hasn't happened again. Later

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by BLACK CHERRY@Sep 18 2007, 12:51 PM~8817488
i had a similar problem on my 79 mt exsaust was to close to the starter.. would not start after about 1 hour of riding.
need starter solenoid heatshield, easy fix.

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
had a similar problem.. on our 63.. Everybody kept saying it was the Moduel in the distributor getting too hot..

21 - 39 of 39 Posts