LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
just like anything else. sand it out, scuff pad, paint remover. have someone else do it for you. there's endless ways to get it off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can strip it with drain cleaner or oven cleaner. With drain cleaner use I throw away paint brush dip it into the drain cleaner and brush on the grill let it sit for about 15 minutes. It'll turn milky white and Bubble Up. At first you'll panic and think that you ruined it rinse it off thoroughly use another paintbrush or plastic bristle brush to scrub in the cracks and grooves to make sure you remove all of the drain cleaner. Terry cloth towel dry it. I use blue magic aluminum and chrome polish other people like to use mothers Polish. Take some time to polish it exchange Rags after while to make sure you get all of the black suit that comes out of the aluminum out it'll polish out my Chrome. If you use the oven cleaner spray it on and leave for 15 minutes and proceed with the same as if you use the drain cleaner. Here are some pics of the stuff that I purchased to clean my anodized aluminum and Polished out.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts