LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a TH350 transmission in my 64 Impala. Do I have to shorten my driveshaft?

I put it up and the front shaft (fromt he Tranny to the Hanger Bearing) seems too long....If I have to shorten it does anyone know how much has to be cut off?

How much does the shaft have to be shortened by?

:uh:

:banghead:

·
Candies, flakes & pearls!
15,502 Posts
Originally posted by slick_oo@Jan 31 2010, 09:59 PM~16473291
I installed a TH350 transmission in my 64 Impala. Do I have to shorten my driveshaft?

I put it up and the front shaft (fromt he Tranny to the Hanger Bearing) seems too long....If I have to shorten it does anyone know how much has to be cut off?

How much does the shaft have to be shortened by?
:uh:

:banghead:

depends on the tail end length you have on the th350

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Crenshaw's Finest@Feb 1 2010, 12:05 AM~16473356

depends on the tail end length you have on the th350

The tail lenght on the tranny is a 6" tail

:confused:

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
the way i did it was install the front half of driveline in tranny then go to rear end measure with rear end all the way up and all the way down, those two measurements then split the difference and thats how much to shorten, and i measured from the front of back half driveline to the yoke on rear end, hop that makes sense

·
18,283 Posts
Yes, get it shortened. The driveline shop will tell you the exact measurement to take. Give them the measurement, and they will cut it. You'll need a new yoke too. Have them install the yoke, new u joints and center support bearing. :cheesy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts