LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Brougham
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my homboy just bought a 64 impala ss from arizona, and the rear cylinders are mounted on the lower traling arms???? now have never seen this done before, is there some reason this is done. will it hurt any thing moving them to the rearend ???? :ugh: some pics would help

·
Registered
929 Posts
On X frames the cylinders are mounted on the lower trailing insted of the axle...
here is my 61....

·
Registered
929 Posts
I've never seen nothing different on a x frame....

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Originally posted by caddy4yaass@Jul 21 2005, 02:56 PM
the cylinders also dont have power balls :uh:
[snapback]3449685[/snapback]​
Hyme Joint ?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Originally posted by caddy4yaass@Jul 21 2005, 03:00 PM
nope  just a piece of square tubing welded to the traling arm.
[snapback]3449720[/snapback]​
Post a pic when you got...

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
the huy probably drilled the bottom of the cylinder...and ran a bolt thru the box tubing ...

·
Registered
971 Posts
Originally posted by caddy4yaass@Jul 21 2005, 01:00 PM
nope  just a piece of square tubing welded to the traling arm.
[snapback]3449720[/snapback]​

thats prob why they are sitting f-uped. cut out the front section of the tubing so it wont bind up.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
nice looking car, messed up cylinder mount, you need to jack that car up and check it out underneith. Is that cylinder even bolted on? It shouldn't be sitting at that angle at all.Why is there 2 different squares welded to the arm,looks like it should sit in the back ones?

The reason most people have them on the trailing arms is because thats where the factory springs sit on x-frames, so you got the spring perches up on the frame up there.You could move it to the axle houseing,but you'd have to fabricate a new spot for the springs to sit up top

·
DON"T STOP NOW
393 Posts
Originally posted by caddy4yaass@Jul 22 2005, 07:12 AM
[attachmentid=219641]heres some pics. you can kinda see how they are at such an angle. :(
[snapback]3456128[/snapback]​
Yep something is wrong. Nice car though.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jul 22 2005, 10:19 AM
nice looking car, messed up cylinder mount, you need to jack that car up and check it out underneith. Is that cylinder even bolted on? It shouldn't be sitting at that angle at all.Why is there 2 different squares welded to the arm,looks like it should sit in the back ones?

The reason most people have them on the trailing arms is because thats where the factory springs sit on x-frames, so you got the spring perches up on the frame up there.You could move it to the axle houseing,but you'd have to fabricate a new spot for the springs to sit up top
[snapback]3456168[/snapback]​

^^^^ what he said. that bitch is not even bolted in... and I think from the looks of where the top of the cyl is positioned it should be in the back mount

1 - 20 of 26 Posts