LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my right side quarter panel on my 64 SS Project. I have already ordered a complete replacement panel and was wondering how hard it would be to replace it myself and if there was already a topic somewhere on layitlow talking about doing that. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can no one help me outon this??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its a pretty big deal bro. First you have to cut off the old quarter, either the whole thing or a section to be replaced. That entails cutting spot welds, splitting seams etc. You gotta clean everything, zap all the rust with either a sand blaster or a quality rust inhibitor. Then you have to either fit the whole panel or your patch depending on what you did in the first steps. Then you have to redo your spot welds, seam sealer and brazing lines by the roof if you did the whole panel. Then all your body work to get it perfect and then paint. Its doable if you know what your doing and it will save you some money that way. If you don't know what your doing or have never done this sort of stuff, I would'nt recommend it. Its one of those things where it could go horribly wrong and your shit could be crooked or even ruin the new panel and have to get a new one etc. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts