LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with my 64 ss? I've got play in my tilt-column and don't know how to fix it, I've taken off the steering wheel but that is as far as I've got. There is play just below the tilt lever at the first join. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know how to get into the column to below the turn signal lever and the tilt lever, do I need to take out the stuff in the top of the column. Thanks for any help, don't know if I'll be swapping my column though?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by pn64@Aug 13 2005, 04:47 PM~3611921
I don't know how to get into the column to below the turn signal lever and the tilt lever, do I need to take out the stuff in the top of the column. Thanks for any help, don't know if I'll be swapping my column though?

what are you trying to do to the column, to get it all apart you need a special tool to remove the pin.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Aug 13 2005, 04:53 PM~3611951
better off taking it to a shop, columns can get complicated once apart, especially tilts

you ever had one apart, i think not there Spoon doggy dog!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Aug 13 2005, 06:06 PM~3612185
i have but i figured you woulda seen this when you look in my window at night

Your just mad becasue your party of 2 got turned into a sausage party of 3!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm trying to get down to where the tilt happens? That's where the play is but got the whole indicator and tilt mechanism to get past I think? Is it best to visit a shop???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts