LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hers the deal, I just replaced my uppers, lowers, springs, tie rods and linkages with chrome ones. When I get it up to 30 mph it sways side to side. I took it to get aligned (set it close to factory ride hieght) and it is a little better but still not that safe to drive. It used to not do it with my old parts. I have new bushings and ball joints in the new chrome parts. Any body have any suggestions

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any help...... I really want to get this fixed so I can get to a show tomorrow.

·
Registered
379 Posts
MIne did that too only after I took the sway bar and shocks out :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no im not sitting on the switch box ( little smarter than that!) The steering is tight but it feels as if the car is goint side to side.like what it feels like if you just jerk your steering wheel side to side while doing about 30 mph in a normal car.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
13x7 with a white wall............... see the whole situation is that the car did not do this until I put on the chrome

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
take off the chrome and that to go to the show then sought it out when you get back.. maybe take off one part at a time and replace it with the other old one to find out which is stuffin up.. (process of elimination)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
sorry man, the switch box thing was just my lame atempt at humor.

but anyway--- my car did the same thing. are your new uppers extended? if they are any different than your old ones i think that may be part of the problem. did they adjust the cars camber/caster when you got it aligned?
most lowriders perfer to take out all the shims and/or extend our uppers and keep the uppers sticking out as far as we can, distroying the camber/caster angle, which can cause this swaying.

i played around with the tire presure on my car and calmed it down a bit.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the uppers arent extended and im not using any shims. all they did at the shop was adjust the tow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts