LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my friend skylars 65 ford fairlane. so far it is all stock aside from the drop blocks for the leafs, the suiside doors ( they need to be redone ) and the motors bored out to a 305. its gonna be fun working on this car. and my homie is a tattoo artist, so its a really fitting ride for him.

Attachments

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plan on bagging her, since shes tool clean to juice and its a daily. :)

Attachments

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and the A/C is fucking freezing. but we have to fix the fan motor. shes pretty quick, and decent on gas for a 2bbl carb. :cool:

Attachments

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
;)

Attachments

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
hey man that fairlane is awesome, did you guys do the suicide doors yourself? did you have to do any reinforcing or anything so it didn't bend the door jambs? i have a 64 fairlane and i want to suicide the rear doors and would like to know if you have any tips. let me know if you have any questions about bagging it too, or anything else. good luck, here's a quick picture or mine on bags

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually i have alot of questions! can you show me pics of how yours is set up? what problems did you come across in the process of bagging it? what are the specs of the car? i didnt do the doors, but im redoing them. they need to be reinforced where the hinges are the drivers side rear door has a broken pin in it and it opens crooked and wont shut.

do you have tire tucking issues in the rear? and did you just keep the primary and secondary leafs in teh back? im guessing yours has struts in the front too, unless the ones with bigger motors came with reg a arms. gimme all the gouge u got on ya ride cuz i know only a bit about this car.

thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
hey sorry it's taken me so long to reply, i've been crazy busy with school and everything. But, i don't have any pictures on this computer of my setup, i'll get some for you though. I didn't come across many problems, it was very straightforward. The front bags mount on top of the control arms, and there's a cup that sits in the spring pocket. you have to relocate the shocks, but that's the only welding you have to do up front. In the back, i took all the leafs out but the main leaf. the bracket slides under the axle and bolts down, and you weld a bracket to the frame that the top of the bag bolts into. You also have to relocate the shocks out back, i just cut and rewelded the mounting hole on the plate on the bottom of the spring to fit the shock in, and welded the new brackets to the frame for the top. oh one problem i remember now was that the bag wouldn't fit inside of that spring guard thing in the front, so you can either make spacers to bring it out more, or just remove it. i had the spacers on it at first, but it kept my car from laying out as low as i wanted, so i just took them off. I'd say if you want to put more work into it go with a 4 link, i plan on doing that to mine very soon, it's just a better setup than the monoleaf. that one little leaf holding the rear axle in kinda scares me. good luck man

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im tryin'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts