LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 65 was starting fine. But now the fucker won't start. It won't even crank over. The battery is new. All the lights turn on bright. But when I turn the key it doesn't even click. WTF?
Any help would be apreciated.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
starter :dunno:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The starter is new and so is the ignition switch. The engine wire harness and forward light harness is new also.
But it looks like I'm gonna have to get me a tester Because I can't think of anything else being wrong with it but the wires.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
what about the starter solenoid? or maybe the power cable going from the battery to the starter, or even the wire going from your ignition switch to the starter solenoid

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
or the starter is stuck and wont move or click

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
have someone turn the key to start while you test the small wire to the starter for power.
if the neutral safety switch isnt satisfied, it wont allow power to the starter.

if nothing else, it's a place to start (no pun intended)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. It was the neutral safety switch. I didn't even think about it until 216rider brought it up to my attention. So thanks. :cool:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by atomicverga@Aug 22 2005, 01:51 PM~3669514
Thanks for all the help guys. It was the neutral safety switch. I didn't even think about it until 216rider brought it up to my attention. So thanks. :cool:
I'm a fucking genius sometimes :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 22 2005, 07:24 PM~3670381
I'm a fucking genius sometimes  :biggrin:
you sexual intellectual you !

i was thinking just in case some one else searches for this years down the road ... or today ... who knows .. them two wires on the soleniod could be switched ...

which really sucks cause then you gotta get down there with that itty bitty wrench ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts