LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY FRIEND BOUGHT THIS CAR ALREADY BAGGED AND IT WAS A SHITTY WEEK LEAKY SETUP, DIDNT STAY UP FOR MORE THEN A MINUTE THEN LEAKED REAL QUICK, ALL THE FITTINGS WERE HAND TIGHT, AND IT HAD NO CHECK VALVES, SO WE PULLED OUT THE WHOLE SETUP AND REDID, MADE RACKS ON THE SIDE OF THE TRUNK FOR THE TANKS AND COMPRESSORS, ALSO INSTALLED AIR RIDE TECHNOLOGIES STRONG ARMS IN THE FRONT, AND SHOCKWAVES, I FIBERGLASSED A POCKET FOR THE DASH TO HOLD THE CD PLAYER AND GAUGES, ALSO FIBERGLASSED WHOLE TRUNK, WITH IMPALA CUT OUTS ON SIDE, SHOWING OF TANK AND COMPRESSOR, OVERALL CAR CAME OUT NICE, HERE ARE SOME PICS

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PICS OF WHEN IT CAME IN

ONLY ONE SCREW HOLDING COMPRESSOR DOWN

DASH BEFORE

DASH AFTER NEW PIECE FIBERGLASSED

AIR RIDE TECHNOLOGY CONTROL ARMS AND SHOCKWAVE

NEW VALVES AND FITTINGS WITH GAUGE FITTING INSTALLED

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NOW JUST WAITING ON BOX AND SIDE PANELS TO COME BACK FROM PAINT AND WE ALL DONE AND READY FOR THE NEXT ONE

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nice 66 yall got there. What exactly do the check valves do there where you put them? Looks clean they way the setup is coming out. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally posted by touchdowntodd@Jan 26 2010, 05:07 PM~16419778
nice work, but i sincerely hope homie doesnt like riding aird up or down or he will blow those shockwaves in a week
agreed.. btw nice avatar homie :biggrin: looks like i needa get myself a galaxie so i can score myself a lady like that :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here are some pics of it complete, car is on 20 inch foose wheels, 20x8.5 in front and 20x10 in back with a bit more of a lip in back,

just waiting on customer to bring me black carpet he wanted in the trunk, i wanted to fiberglass a piece for it, but since he already bought the carpet he wants that installed.

here is dash piece

trunk waiting on carpet

here is whole car

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice work, but i sincerely hope homie doesnt like riding aird up or down or he will blow those shockwaves in a week
i liked the slam bags that were in the front to begin with, but the customer didnt like the way it rode, i suggested a simple cheap fix, and that was adding a shock, but he just sold his other 66 drop, and decided to blow some money on this one, so bought all the tubular control arms with shockwaves, new weatherstripping, and new chrome and is having car repainted after its done with me, paint is a little blotchy and has alot of dry spots.

but i had to warn him about the shockwaves, so now we will see how long they last.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts

Is that true? You can't ride up or down on Shockwaves? How come?

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Originally posted by ShibbyShibby@Jan 27 2010, 03:54 PM~16431222
Is that true? You can't ride up or down on Shockwaves? How come?
they are setup like a coilover shock sorta... low or high ride hieght maxes or bottoms em out QUICK..

they are designed to be driven at a specific ride hieght (middle of the travel or so)

also, if bottomd out or maxed out, ART wont warranty them :mad:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sick ride, love that color combo, nice set up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts