LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i started a thread in post your rides back when the board didn't have the projects forum, but since it was a buildup thread, i'm just going to start a new thread in this section. The car is a 1966 buick wildcat convertible, i just pulled the body off the frame, i'm going to wrap the frame and put in a 3 pump setup. Here's some pics real quick, i'll post more later.

and here's the link to the old thread

frank

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
very nice ride! i like those wildcats. you got all the chrome and interior?

good project!
i always wanted a 65 rivi....maybe one day:)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks nwa, yeah i have all the interior, all the chrome and fresh rechromed bumpers. the mid 60s rivis are awesome, i'd build one of those in a second, good luck if you ever do one, buicks suck finding parts for! here's a few new pictures of the engine and tranny pulled out of the frame, ready to strip it down and wrap it.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Originally posted by lowriding 'lane@Aug 9 2005, 11:47 AM~3571853
thanks nwa, yeah i have all the interior, all the chrome and fresh rechromed bumpers.  the mid 60s rivis are awesome, i'd build one of those in a second, good luck if you ever do one, buicks suck finding parts for!  here's a few new pictures of the engine and tranny pulled out of the frame, ready to strip it down and wrap it.

looks like the frame is in good shape too. i always thought that the frame on those was a x frame. damn that frame looks a lot like a g body frame. looks like my project. frame in one place body in a nother engine in another front clip in another . lol good luck homie. keep us updated. :cool:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys,
sorry i haven't posted any updates lately i've been on vacation then at school. Thanks for the compliments. Since last time i posted i have the frame in the garage, and i've started taking it apart to clean it up and wrap it. I also have the motor stripped down to the block and internals, it was siezed up so i had to work at it a few days to get it to turn over enough so i could get the torque converter off and get the thing on an engine stand lol. Majestik, the engine is a 401, what's the difference between the 401 and 425? smaller bore or shorter stroke? I'm going to be doing some motor work and if the 425 has a longer stroke i might have to find a crank from one of them to use :). But, i'll get up some new pictures of the inside of the motor and the frame soon, thanks for looking.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Nice ride. Im about to buy back my old 66 LeSabre. Since I sold it, the guy took the body off, put all new suspension, minor engine rebuild, and all new wiring. All thats left now is a liitle body and paint work. Heres how it looked when I first bought it about 5 years ago, and when I sold it. You have a source for trim parts? I am missing like 3 small ones, and the passenger side interior rear trim panels between the seat and the body. Good luck on your car, and if there is anything you cant find, let me know. There are a few here and there in the boneyards up here....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey john, that's a nice lookin ride, you have any more pictures of it?? I don't have a source on any parts yet really, i've just been doing frame work so far, but i'll keep an eye out for you for those trim pieces, and i'll look through the pile of parts i got with the car, there's a ton of trim and i'll see if i have extras of the stuff you need.

·
Registered
853 Posts
those wild cats are bad ass my cusin use to have one but would never sell me it for a good price... good luck with the build nice to see something original

1 - 14 of 14 Posts