LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 impala rag that I was originally going to go with drum brakes and was considering going with a disc brake set up since I recently picked up a 93 caprice and was looking at using the rear end out of the car. And also utilizing the front end parts to convert the front end on my 69 to disc brakes as well, it would be nice to 4 link the rearend to_Or should I just stay with the drum brake setup since I have some chrome spindles and a chrome master cylinder brake booster already for the car. ANY SUGGESTIONS ? ? ? THANKS ! :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 69 impala rag that I was originally going to go with drum brakes and was considering going with a disc brake set up since I recently picked up a 93 caprice and was looking at using the rear end out of the car. And also utilizing the front end parts to convert the front end on my 69 to disc brakes as well, it would be nice to 4 link the rearend to_Or should I just stay with the drum brake setup since I have some chrome spindles and a chrome master cylinder brake booster already for the car. ANY SUGGESTIONS ? ? ? THANKS ! :dunno: :dunno:
SOMEONE OUT THERE MUST HAVE DONE THIS CONVERSION ??

·
Registered
242 Posts
you can keep the master cylinder as long its power if not you need to install a 2 psi residual valve for the front and 10 psi for the rear and also try to use the 93 caprice proportioning valve for the system. On to the spindels you need to measure the taper and the o.d.(outer diameter) of the shaft and compare the two if they do not match and you would like to use the caprice ones the only thing you need to change is the ball joints to the 93 caprice ones.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look up American braking system they have front an back conversion an they are a good price an they can come in all Chrome
THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS MUCH APPRECIATED I WILL CHECK INTO THESE OPTIONS.THANKS :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
On to the spindels you need to measure the taper and the o.d.(outer diameter) of the shaft and compare the two if they do not match and you would like to use the caprice ones the only thing you need to change is the ball joints to the 93 caprice ones.
I wonder how many people are riding around on mismatched tapers... I bet alot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.