LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Can anybody show me how I can make a custom rear package tray and headliner for a '69 Impala?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
What exactly do you want to do to your headliner and package tray?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to do anything extravagant; I simply want to make it look stock. The headliner has a couple of rips in it and is sagging somewhat. The car does not have a package tray at all. It only has the metal portion. I'm looking for the most economical way to tackle this project.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
You can order another headliner from places like the Paddock or Hubbard's. Pretty simple to put in. Sounds like you are missing your package tray. Put a WTB ad in the classifieds. Maybe someone has one. I can look and see if I have an extra one. In the meantime I can email a friend of mine who may have one.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Not a problem. I just emailed my buddy. Hopefully he will get back to me soon. Sometimes he takes awhile to answer. I will let you know as soon as I hear from him.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
classic industries has the cheapest headliner for a 69 it is 59.95, the other books it is 115.00. keep the 2 side cardboards. for my rear window i went to home depot and got door skin (very thin wood) measured and cut in 3 sections (my window dips impala custom) added foam glued material on back rear the rest drapes under the rear seat. the original piece is a card boardlike material that drapes under seat so it looks one peice.

Last edited by umlolo at Dec 3 2003, 12:17 PM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts