LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry guys ive searched on the net and had a quick scan on here, does anyone know if there is a 1964 impala vert model or will it work if i cross a 62 vert n a 64 ht???

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking get a 62 and put 64 front end on, would that work or is it basically same as what your saying??

cheers for the help by the way appreciate it :biggrin:

Last edited by stigs106 at Dec 4 2003, 10:57 PM

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by stigs106@Dec 4 2003, 03:56 PM
i was thinking get a 62 and put 64 front end on, would that work or is it basically same as what your saying??

wouldn't be quite the same. I would just hack the top off a 64 and use the resin boot 1ofakind mentioned

·
Registered
4,227 Posts

SHIT I'LL CUT THE ROOF OFF FOR YOU IF YOU WANT. ISN'T HARD. BESIDES THOSE VERY OLD CONVERT KITS SUCK COMPARED TO THE REVELL 64 KIT!!!

THIS USED TO BE A HARDTOP.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts

That would be a pretty stupid idea, 62s and 64s aren't that much alike and it's a shitload of work for just a small change. Just lop the 64 roof off and you can use the 62 boot.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by Models IV Life+Dec 4 2003, 05:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Models IV Life @ Dec 4 2003, 05:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--stigs106@Dec 4 2003, 03:56 PM

SHIT I'LL CUT THE ROOF OFF FOR YOU IF YOU WANT. ISN'T HARD. BESIDES THOSE VERY OLD CONVERT KITS SUCK COMPARED TO THE REVELL 64 KIT!!!

THIS USED TO BE A HARDTOP.[/b][/quote]
THat looks good!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
THANKS DAG. I'LL BE POSTING UPDATED PICS OF THIS TREY SOON. ITS ALMOST COMPLETELY DONE. DAMN PROJECTS TAKE FOREVER!!! HAHAHA

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by Models IV Life@Dec 4 2003, 05:43 PM
THANKS DAG. I'LL BE POSTING UPDATED PICS OF THIS TREY SOON. ITS ALMOST COMPLETELY DONE. DAMN PROJECTS TAKE FOREVER!!! HAHAHA
Yeah I have 8 or 9 projects going. I quit sweating it though, they will get done when they do. After all I do it to relax.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice one thanks alot guys ill try attempt it see wot i end up with :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wot do you use for body filler on plastic models???

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by stigs106@Dec 8 2003, 11:56 AM
wot do you use for body filler on plastic models???
There are many kinds, most everyone uses something different. I use Squadron Green putty, but regular bondo from autozone would work fine.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this gonna be my first model so it gonna be simple stuff till i get the hang of it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts