LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, to let you know a little something about ME, this will be my first custom so the questions will flow steadily. I plan on doin the motor back stock first, get the body solid and then get to work on the hydros, or bags, depending. Ive been out of the loop for a minute, but after a ride in a locals car tonite, im hooked once again. Took a break to do my audio setup right, and its slowly getting there.

The motor gets pulled next weekend I believe, and reworked as time goes on. It will probably only get new gaskets and seals as it is a strong running motor......when it was assembled anywas.

I know this isnt your typical "lay it low" car/truck but it should be something special when im done with it. Not looking to really go under 20 inch wheels, but deffinately need to be adjustable on the suspension.

On with the pics:

G

·
nice starter truck it looks solid keep it up i have always wanted to see one of these things hooked up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn its been a while. well, the front end is on its way to being torn down. About half way there. Gotta get these bolts off somehow, without cutting hopefully. The core support mount bolts. May have to cut them, we shall see.

Lookin like it may be getting either some dayton or player spokes (15's) and some 3 inch coker whitewalls. dros, and some pearl paint.

Which brings up this question...has anyone ever dro'd something on i-beam suspension before? I ask this because the upper arm has a hole big enough to slide the cylinder through, and we can just get the right weight spring up front, and run the stock springs from up front, out back. My only concern is with a pivot so far away, or any pivot at all really that if the beam moves up, and the arm stays the same that the cylinder will change its axis a little and rub up on that hole. Not a good thing. I can take some pictures here soon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

its obviously a little dirty, but see how the coil is there, and the hole right on top.....is this something I can work with pretty easily for hydros? My buddy is helping me, he is on here with a 63 impala, and said it should work fine. Im more of a bags kinda guy as for knowledge, but I want to go dros on this truck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the motor is out and all that, hopefully going to tear it downa little bit tomorrow. I want to get the heads reworked soon after the new year. Does anyone know how much it costs for a full rebuild, seals and all?Do I have to get all new parts or can most (on a solid engine) be reused? I don't know what goes into "rebuilding" them, as I have never had it done. Also I plan on (hopefully) gettign the block boiled and shit so I can spray it myself, and get everthing started :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts