LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was given a 72 camaro, its in really nice condition and was told the 350 will start rite up, but im having trouble gettin it started. I replaced the fuel lines then tried, nothing, it cranks over and i hear nothin unusual, i replaced the fuel pump, checked timing, spark, new battery, firein order, new carb...... I pourd fuel in the carb and it back fired flames so thats good i guess it started up for about 4-5 secs. I checked the return line, everything seem good. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by doughboi916@Oct 4 2006, 06:54 PM~6307774
Hey guys, i was given a 72 camaro, its in really nice condition and was told the 350 will start rite up, but im having trouble gettin it started. I replaced the fuel lines then tried, nothing, it cranks over and i hear nothin unusual, i replaced the fuel pump, checked timing, spark, new battery, firein order, new carb...... I pourd fuel in the carb and it back fired flames so thats good i guess it started up for about 4-5 secs. I checked the return line, everything seem good. Any help will be appreciated.
What did you do for timing? TDC It? I have owned many a Chevy and the timing marks are way off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts