LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i have a 77 k 5 blazer 2wd the front looks pretty ez from the pics i have seen on here to bag, but what do i need to do for the back it has leaf spring.
i dont wont to c-notch at this time. i jus need to know how to go about doing the back....any info is welcomed :uh:

·
Registered
220 Posts
use a 4 link and get rid of the leafs. Also, you are going to want a notch because if you don't you will hit bottom and have limitations on how low you can go, even when parked.

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by edflores@Jan 15 2009, 08:06 PM~12717936
mine is linked up. the floor was cut a lot.
if you dont want to cut the floor, you can still do small bolt-in notch
IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE BOLT IN JUS BECAUSE ITS BELOW THE FLOOR-- BOLT IN NOTCHES ARE FUCCIN GAY.. jus do a simple under floor notch-- BUT WEELD IT IN NO MATTER WHAT

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just did not wont to get in to that yet but it seem like i should go ahead and get it out the way. i wont to run 22's or 24's so how big of a notch should i use....also the under the floor notch,will it have me low? thanks for the info :biggrin:

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by dirtylooks@Jan 16 2009, 10:52 AM~12723005
i just did not wont to get in to that yet but it seem like i should go ahead and get it out the way. i wont to run 22's or 24's so how big of a notch should i use....also the under the floor notch,will it have me low?  thanks for the info  :biggrin:
If you do it RIGHT-- and not skimp on the metal- and make sure it is completely WELDED UP- you can cut all but 1inch off your frame- BUT YOU HAVE TO BOX IT GOOD- and make sure you weld it up pROperly. When you lower it- you dont wanna have the axle IN THE FRAME as it sits there-- then you have no travel-- but if you lower it to the point of you axle bein at the bottom of your frame when sittin still-- the 3 to 4 inches of travel you will have will leave you ridin pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts