LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, My front hoses run straight up and the drivers side hits the master cylinder. The hose bends kinda bad. I don't really want to use a 90 degree, maybe a 45 degree or a 45 drgree hosing coupling.

I thought about using thick donuts and then having custom deep cups made.

What have you done to solve this?

Thanks

Last edited by Hydros at Nov 23 2003, 12:22 AM

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
why wouldnt you want use a 90 degree fittin if its gonna solve the problem, i have a 85 cutlass and it has 90 degree fittings and it fine...

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by HiLow@Nov 23 2003, 10:17 AM
why wouldnt you want use a 90 degree fittin if its gonna solve the problem, i have a 85 cutlass and it has 90 degree fittings and it fine...
Sorry, I forgot to add, it's going to be made into a hopper.

I only want one bend, (in the block).

The thick donuts should solve this, but, I'm concened about the coil action.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
A 90 degree fitting won't let the hose hit the brake line, that's what I have, but your building a hopper so 90 degree fittings are a no no. I would try and bend the brake line a little.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
You could always go with a 6" or just use the 90 degree fitting and bend the lines over a bit. You really won't see a difference.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
if your making a hopper then why are you going to add more donuts, its just going to cut down on your coil. and also shallow cups are better i think since they need less cylinder to compress the coil. its better to break the coils in with deep cups then throw in the shallows. and also it wont dramaticly change if you just put 45 degree fittings, then add those couplings you were talking about.

once again im just some teenage hopper from a small town, so correct me if im wrong. :cool:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why did you say it's better to break coils in with deep and then switch to regular cups?

I guess if I was real picky I could just have some custom cups made and use reverse hats. (Hats are real OG style donuts, they allow the cylinder to sit flush up in the coil tower.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
you need to break the coils in with deep cups if your coil are to big and once they settle in you can fit shallow cups

1 - 10 of 10 Posts