LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmmm i came to think about it, is it worth getting a 8 dump manifold???

I mean will it be fast with 4 batteries @48v...... Can you hop and three wheel it since its like a 4 pump setup???

I'm really worried about the speed, worrying about how fast will it move with only 4 batts, and what kill me is the fact that i don't think that one pump will last long because it the only pump doing all the work???

* If i get 2 pumps 4 dumps on each pump will it be the same as a 4 pump 4 dump setup thank for all the love and support guys

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by lolo4life+Jan 7 2004, 05:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lolo4life @ Jan 7 2004, 05:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--rollin low in a grand prix@Jan 7 2004, 06:37 PM
2 pumps
:uh:[/b][/quote]
dont waste your time and money with a dump manifold...if they worked good and were cost effiecient then everone with a regular set up would have one

besides this topic has been posted 10 millions times and the conclusion is buy 2 pumps

edit further more...if your concerned about spending money then hydros are NOT for you they are a money pit...if your new then you will mess some stuff up

Last edited by rollin low in a grand prix at Jan 7 2004, 06:36 PM

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix+Jan 7 2004, 06:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rollin low in a grand prix @ Jan 7 2004, 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2004, 05:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--rollin low in a grand prix
@Jan 7 2004, 06:37 PM
2 pumps

:uh:
dont waste your time and money with a dump manifold...if they worked good and were cost effiecient then everone with a regular set up would have one

besides this topic has been posted 10 millions times and the conclusion is buy 2 pumps

edit further more...if your concerned about spending money then hydros are NOT for you they are a money pit...if your new then you will mess some stuff up[/b][/quote]
I dunno a 2 cheap 2 pump kit from Prohopper is $815.00, but the 8 dump Manifold kit is $850.00.

So if he is worried about saving money than dont you think he would buy the 2 pump kit since its cheaper than the 1 pump with 8 dump manifold kit?

:uh:

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
thats my point

people think you getting in cheap cause there is only one pump well they are wrong

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had a hydra-Z 8 dump manifold in my old accord and it worked great. I didn't build that car for hopping so speed wasn't a concern. It was nice to have all the moves of a 4 pump setup with such little space. That car has been juiced for 6 years as a daily driver and is still on the same pump and 8dump manifold.

-Aaron
artofnoize.com

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I ran 2 pro-hopper dual manifolds with 2 pumps for 4 years, it is basically the same concept as the pro-hopper quad manifold. I NEVER had a single problem with either manifold. They never leaked one drop in 4 years, I WISH I had never sold them :(

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
It just seems that people are always quick to put down the one pump 8 dump concept.

But seriously people lets think about this.

People say that it will be slower to run one pump than it is running 2 pumps, thats not true in all aspects.

The only time that a single pump is slower is when you raise or lower the whole car at once.

If your like me, I raise the back and then the front or vise versa. The single pump is going to be just as fast when doing this, but will be slower if you raise all four corners at once.

As far as hopping, its just as fast as a 2 pump setup because your only hopping the front or back.

With a 8 dump manifold you have control of each corner just like running a 4 pump setup. You do not have control of indiviadual corners with a 2 pump setup.

With a single pump, you can save on lots of space and have room for stereo stuff etc...

I think the single pump 8 dump manifold is great for a daily driver etc... I would go with a 2 or more pump setup in most rides, but when faced with room issues or the ride and application i would consider a single pump.

I just think people are always to quick to put down the 8 dump manifolds and those people that have put them down have never really owned one.

Everyone I know that has owned one likes them, and I am one of those people. I dont own one now in any of my vehicles but I have owned one and was very happy with it. :cool:

Last edited by ALOW1 at Jan 8 2004, 05:57 AM

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
I have an 8 dump manifold if someone wants to buy it. :cheesy:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ive had mine on my truck for 4 years and I've never had to replace my pump nor have i EVER had a leak...

take care of your system and it will take care of you

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by lowperformancecc@Jan 10 2004, 07:05 PM
Ive had mine on my truck for 4 years and I've never had to replace my pump nor have i EVER had a leak...

take care of your system and it will take care of you

How do you like it?

Does it work good for you, or is it really slow like people say?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
does any1 have af pic o the 8 dump manifold? my homie was lookin thru a old lowrider mag and swore he saw something like prohopper's 8 dump manifold lying around at his job, nd its some kinda industrial hydrualic shop. he dont know much, he is just a laborer there, but i need a pic of all the hard o find shit just in case there is something there.
Especially the 8 dump manifold like a hydra z or whatever.
thanks,
tuke

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
dont use it because its bulky, looks really lame and more expensive. just use dumps. can buy an adex for the front at that rate.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Jan 21 2004, 01:24 PM
dont use it because its bulky, looks really lame and more expensive. just use dumps. can buy an adex for the front at that rate.
Its bulky, and looks really lame, Just use dumps........

Good one, I bet plumbing 8 dumps without a manifold would look really good :uh: :uh: :uh:

Can buy an Adex for the front? Your missing the whole point of why people want to run a 8 dump.

Hey check out my ride, the front end not only goes up, it goes down. Glad I didnt buy that 8 dump otherwise my car would be able to do all the moves. :uh: :uh: :uh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts